Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Howlin' Gaels New album

Arrow Howlin' Gaels New album

Just incase anyone is interested The Howlin' Gaels' new album "lonely Road" is due out for sale 10th of April, they will be performing in skinandis on the 9th at an all day concert featuring lots of different bands, they may have the album for sale at that gig.

Quality spam there. But aye, reasonably interested. What's it like? Where can I hear some of it? Do they have a website with mp3s? A myspace account? Everyone in the world with a computer seems to have one. Is it a bit more innovative than usual, or is it standard pub-rock blues covers and the like? Aye, interested.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge
    Quality spam there. But aye, reasonably interested. What's it like? Where can I hear some of it? Do they have a website with mp3s? A myspace account? Everyone in the world with a computer seems to have one. Is it a bit more innovative than usual, or is it standard pub-rock blues covers and the like? Aye, interested.
    No its not pub standards its a whole album of original numbers, go to http://www.howlingaels.co.uk
    and have a listen to "lonely Road" it rocks. Let me know wot you think.

Certainly a departure from how I remember the band. The opening salvo conjured up images of Buford T. Justice chasing The Bandit along the Stainland Road, before Jimmy Page - or is that Jimmy Sinclair(?) - popped his head in to wring a few notes out. Quite funky, certainly; there's even elements of Zappa when he was singing, ahem, the blues. With better mastering - am not too hot on the recording of it - it would certainly go down as a professional release, and not the half-decent demo it clearly sounds. They would certainly benefit from a myspace account. No myspace is a waste of space. Hope to see the Gaels live sometime soon.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge
    Certainly a departure from how I remember the band. The opening salvo conjured up images of Buford T. Justice chasing The Bandit along the Stainland Road, before Jimmy Page - or is that Jimmy Sinclair(?) - popped his head in to wring a few notes out. Quite funky, certainly; there's even elements of Zappa when he was singing, ahem, the blues. With better mastering - am not too hot on the recording of it - it would certainly go down as a professional release, and not the half-decent demo it clearly sounds. They would certainly benefit from a myspace account. No myspace is a waste of space. Hope to see the Gaels live sometime soon.
    They're playing on the nineth of this month (April) at skinandis at an all day charity event, lots of bands will be performing should be a good day out.

Too short notice and too far away for me, I'm afraid. Hope all goes well.