Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wind Warning

Quote Originally Posted by cuddlepop View Post
    We've got that cruise liner anchored just outside the bay.They were meant to go to Stornoway but had to divert to a safe harbour.
    Its far to windy though for them to come ashore.

Rather hope it stays windy as over 80 people on board have that nora virus.
    I thought they were to remain in quarantine anyway? At least that's what the folk in Invergordon are saying.

My goodness, the wind is causing mayhem here. Had to get a taxi home from the hospital... glad I didn't get the bus as the car was being blown around enough!
    "People may say what they wish, but we are actually under no compulsion to listen." LJ, and I do so wholeheartedly agree!

hids coorse oot ayr
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

Default Cruise ship

Thanks Cuddlepop
    Wondered where the ship went - lost it on AIS! - did not look very hard, noticed she had been tucked in at the Shiants but was out for some time so did not keep track of the Belfast bound ship.

Did see the pilot boat going out from Stornoway harbour and wondered what she was going out to in this weather - glad the folk did not manage to get in here. Could hardly walk when took the dogs out - was walking on air, feet not touching the ground at all on the way out.

Do not know if it is calming down or is this the centre of the storm, wind definitely not as bad as it was earlier, not so much spindrift either.

Pat,
    that should be it for the western isles, and i 'think' that's the worst of it for us too here - the centre of the low seems to have made a steeper track north than the charts were suggesting as my barometer is rising quite fast and has been for a couple of hours now.
    i think here we'll still get one or two rogue gusts but nothing drastic now as the direction has also started to swing to the west.

Its still mega windy! My wheelie bin was away down the road today!

Is it going to be calmer tomorrow tuggs cos i gotta take the wee man out to the dentist. My pram is mental hard to control without wind!!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShelleyBain View Post
    Its still mega windy! My wheelie bin was away down the road today!

Is it going to be calmer tomorrow tuggs cos i gotta take the wee man out to the dentist. My pram is mental hard to control without wind!!
    haha yes it's going to be calmer tomorrow it is subsiding now, the wind hasn't gone over 50mph for over three hours now

Quote Originally Posted by Tugmistress View Post
    haha yes it's going to be calmer tomorrow it is subsiding now, the wind hasn't gone over 50mph for over three hours now
    Aw thank u very much!!!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12