Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Finley Quaye - Blackstairs Lounge

Quote Originally Posted by MusicWicker View Post
    Just to put this to rest, heres some financial info on the gig for you.

Not that it's anybodys interest but it might shut pepsi up for a bit.

My bar holds around 80 people, so I have 80 tics on sale.

17 x 80 is £1360.

Finley is getting £1000 for the gig.

Sound Equip and Tech is £120

Extra Staff (Security / Bar) is £180 Total = £1360 - £1300 costs

So if the gig was to sell out, which it won't on a Monday night, I may make a whole £60 on the door.

Granted, I'll make some money on the bar but what would be the point if I didnt? I don't run my bar as a non profit organisation.

So if you do your sums, it is not feasible to put this gig on for £10, £12 etc. So as I say its £17 or no gig. I didn't just pull this price out of my a*se!

Maybe I am guilty of not getting a good deal from the artist, and if that was what I was getting accused of that would be fine. It's the fact that the insinuation is that I am trying to line my pockets at the expense of the locals that gets to me.
    No insinuation. Merely pointing out that £17, when others were charging a tenner, seemed a little odd. I've already said am happy with your explanation, so no need for the persecution complex I assure you.

Quote Originally Posted by theboss View Post
    No. You're havering Kenneth. I know why Skinandis' charge what they do for their acts, i'm there for most of them. Infact, the only act I haven't been working at in the last few months was the Kiss one and that was because I was in Aberdeen.

I'll haver you!!!!!!

Nah fair enough bud!

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    Good on musicwicker for bringing up some very good acts! He mentioned one with a harp, I had a listen to them and rather liked them, shame I couldnt see them because I was working

TheBoss. do I recall you questioning what Brian Cardosi puts on the door for a Saturday night, for the Kiss act?

Also, I have to say I've never seen Pepsi making himself out to have an amazing job or anything like that, unless I have missed out on some org arguments...?

Anyhoo, I like Finley Quaye, might not pay £17 but then again Dice is a flipping brilliant tune! He has a great voice.
    Granted, a lot of people's obsession with my job on here certainly seems to cause a bit of needle; it is flattering, though.

After All the furore that has gone on around this - Finley has only gone and cancelled the whole tour. Apologies to all who have tickets, you will be able to get a full refund for where you bought them.

Heres the official word from the man himself, not much of an explanation but its all i have at this time

I have cancelled tour and am looking at putting new band together for next year. My security became a huge issue.. The band increasingly difficult to manage, too ambitious, playing for different bands and unable to focus on one band. The sound suffering as a result. A number of factors led me to decide to call it a day until things are different.

Truly an act of God.

FQ

Apologies

Quote Originally Posted by MusicWicker View Post
    After All the furore that has gone on around this - Finley has only gone and cancelled the whole tour. Apologies to all who have tickets, you will be able to get a full refund for where you bought them.

Heres the official word from the man himself, not much of an explanation but its all i have at this time

I have cancelled tour and am looking at putting new band together for next year. My security became a huge issue.. The band increasingly difficult to manage, too ambitious, playing for different bands and unable to focus on one band. The sound suffering as a result. A number of factors led me to decide to call it a day until things are different.

Truly an act of God.

FQ

Apologies
    Translation: he's skint, and can't afford to keep a band on the road. This is exactly the same thing he came out with a few months ago when he was meant to be playing the Voodoo Rooms. The guy's damaged goods; few promoters will touch him with a bargepole anymore.

Maybe they'd quite like to hit him with a barge pole.
    "But primarily, the drummer's supposed to sit back there and swing the band." The actual Buddy Rich

I'm sure we could've knocked up a band for him no bother

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid View Post
    I'm sure we could've knocked up a band for him no bother
    Agreed. Who would play in the appointed band, though? I bags the suit and maracas.

Hell yes what a good idea. I will play djembe. I'll bring an accordion too.
    "But primarily, the drummer's supposed to sit back there and swing the band." The actual Buddy Rich

I'm playing the ... apparently I'm good in that position!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid View Post
    I'm playing the ... apparently I'm good in that position!

Hell - that was even quite funny!!

Entertaining thread (for once) . . . . .
    All the world's a stage and we are merely players . . . . .
    For more visit: http://www.studiograff-photo.co.uk

A+ thread, would read again!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123