Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: *URGENT* Loose springer in Watten attacking livestock *URGENT*

Default *URGENT* Loose springer in Watten attacking livestock *URGENT*

Does anyone know the identity of the loose springer attacking livestock in Watten? It has ripped the undercarriage out of a deer and is currently terrorising sheep and horses. We are trying to locate some with a gun to put the deer out of its misery as it is beyond treatment.

Does anyone know whos dog it is? We really need help from the owner to catch the dog. I'm afraid if the dog goes near my horses again I will have to protect them!

what a nightmare hope you get it sorted - is it black and white springe ror liver and white...?

might help anyone whose looking for lost dog!

It's liver and white. We're still waiting for our friend to arrive with a gun. The poor deer has all its undercarriage and privates ripped out

Would you not be better phoning the police or sspca

Quote Originally Posted by Leanne View Post
    It's liver and white. We're still waiting for our friend to arrive with a gun. The poor deer has all its undercarriage and privates ripped out
    is red coming to the rescue ?

Definitely a job where the Police should be involved.

Default dog

try the dog warden mabby she could help you or the sspca
    c jones

This is awful............poor deer.....I think the owner will have a lot to answer to,if.when found.
    Keep us updated............Iwould call the SSPCA/police and dog warden.Someone must be able to help in a situation like this.

Phone the police. The dog is obviously out of control

Is there no way the poor deer could be saved?

We'd already called the SPCA. They've been out but because they couldn't find the deer have left. They have given us their permission to shoot it if we find it (which we would need to shoot it). We never did find the deer

Can people in the Watten area keep an eye out for the dog please? It has had a taste for blood now and is likely to try again in the future

Quote Originally Posted by Stavro View Post
    Is there no way the poor deer could be saved?
    Erm no - it was in a really bad way with all its intestines hanging out and it hind end ripped up

The dog is gone no which is why I posted on here - could people keep an eye out please?

Erm no - it was in a really bad way with all its intestines hanging out and it hind end ripped up

The dog is gone no which is why I posted on here - could people keep an eye out please?

What a shame hope this dog is caught soon before any more animals get hurt or worse killed.

Keep us posted leanne
    What doesn't kill you, will make you stronger.....

Are you sure that the spaniel attacked the deer.? Maybe the poor deer ripped her under belly jumping a fence. Would a spaniel be capable of inflicting such injuries? You know there are freaky BIG cats in Caithness. I have seen them and have come across a lamb with it's head bitten off.

This is the second incident I have heard about involving a deer in the Watten area this weekend. Apparently there was a collision on Friday night between a taxi and a deer at Watten too. Is there a lot of them in the area?

Are you sure that the spaniel attacked the deer.? Maybe the poor deer ripped her under belly jumping a fence. Would a spaniel be capable of inflicting such injuries? You know there are freaky BIG cats in Caithness. I have seen them and have come across a lamb with it's head bitten off.
    The dog chasing the deer. The deer went through a wire fence and got stuck - the dog was seen hanging off the deer. There is no doubt the dog did it.

And yes it seems a spaniel would be capable of inflicting such injuries

Spaniels are soft mouthed dogs. Strange that one would attack a deer.... chasing for fun, yes, but ripping it apart... ??
    If a spaniel was seen doing that there must be something wrong with the dog. I hope the deer was put out of it's misery and the dog found and scheduled for a health checkup at the vets.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    Spaniels are soft mouthed dogs. Strange that one would attack a deer.... chasing for fun, yes, but ripping it apart... ??
    If a spaniel was seen doing that there must be something wrong with the dog. I hope the deer was put out of it's misery and the dog found and scheduled for a health checkup at the vets.
    Trust me the deer was ripped apart. I'm not sure if the dog was a spaniel for sure - only from what my neighbour said "brown and white springer type".

No the deer wasn't found and neither was the dog . I'm not going to post again as I am really upset by this. If anyone has a dog fitting this description that has been missing until lunchtime - you now know why

Trust me the deer was ripped apart. I'm not sure if the dog was a spaniel for sure - only from what my neighbour said "brown and white springer type".

No the deer wasn't found and neither was the dog . I'm not going to post again as I am really upset by this. If anyone has a dog fitting this description that has been missing until lunchtime - you now know why
    It could not have been "ripped apart" or its body would be at the scene. Also, did you see this yourself or is this hearsay (from your neighbour). For example, was the dog a springer spaniel or wasn't it?

This story does not make any sense to me and I hope it is not one of those silly farmers' tales about "nasty dogs."

It could not have been "ripped apart" or its body would be at the scene. Also, did you see this yourself or is this hearsay (from your neighbour). For example, was the dog a springer spaniel or wasn't it?

This story does not make any sense to me and I hope it is not one of those silly farmers' tales about "nasty dogs."
    The breed is quite distinctive

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast