Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: cricket

Default cricket

Likely to late for this year but does anyone know about cricket teams going in the area at the of pub team level (for a batsman with more enthusiams than tallent!!). Am in John of Groats but can travel a bit. Would be good to know for next season.

Cheers.

http://sport.caithness.org/group.php?id=37
    I found the above link on the org.
    Crickets as rare in caithness as a heatwave without wind.

Default Cricket in Caithness

There are 2 or 3 previous posts regarding cricket on this forum which relate to various topics including practices, but here is the latest info on training. Outdoor practices have traditionally been on a Wednesday night beginning in April & running until late August, we are currently in the process of trying to secure a place to practice indoors over the winter however this has not been finalised yet. When there is more info on this I will post it here.

As far as the team/club goes, we are a mixture of beginners & more experienced players, with ages ranging from 15-50(ish!). We have a good team spirit and are very welcoming of new players, regardless of ability.

As I have said in previous posts if you want any more detailed information please feel free to PM me.

Default Cricket

Hi. Rather late in finaly replying about if there is any cricket team going in the county! iI there anything going this year if so when and where?

thanks
    Simon