Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: stagecoach buses

Quote Originally Posted by ©Amethyst View Post
    When was this?

By the way, I live just a 30 minute coach journey from Inverness, if it's a coach, no one is allowed to stand by law. At least that is my understanding of it.

Different on a low-floor, which they've started using for the busy rush-hour runs now.

Not sure if the low-floor busses are legal to carry standing passengers on roads up to 60 MPH though. Would have to check with known Stagecoach employee.

Sadly, complaints with Stagecoach rarely get listened to. I only had my complaint listened to one day because said employee's manager thought my chest was talking to him
    This was last summer. We went to skye this summer and the service was still poor to be honest.

Well the bus driver told us we could get on the bus, we had no choice but to get on the bus because we had to get home to thurso that night! With 2 young children we could not just stand around and wait hours for the next bus.

I thought it was rediculous! The bus driver even laughed at us when we were most definetely not finding the situation funny.

Also he tried to advise that my OH's youngest may have to get off the bus half way because he had no ticket (He was under 5 so needed no ticket) which we did not appreciate him saying!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShelleyBain View Post
    This was last summer. We went to skye this summer and the service was still poor to be honest.

Well the bus driver told us we could get on the bus, we had no choice but to get on the bus because we had to get home to thurso that night! With 2 young children we could not just stand around and wait hours for the next bus.

I thought it was rediculous! The bus driver even laughed at us when we were most definetely not finding the situation funny.

Also he tried to advise that my OH's youngest may have to get off the bus half way because he had no ticket (He was under 5 so needed no ticket) which we did not appreciate him saying!
    I am absolutely shocked at this!

I know quite a few people who work for Stagecoach. The ones I remain friendly with are nice people and good at their jobs, but they are just a small handful. There are a lot of them that act with such terrible unprofessionalism and drive worse than their attitudes.

It really shouldn't surprise me considering that because I am friends with some of their colleagues, some of these drivers think that it is okay to make unappropriate comments to me.

If you ever come across something like this again be sure to take a note of the driver number in order to report them as that seems to be the only way that management seem to realise who the driver is.
    "People may say what they wish, but we are actually under no compulsion to listen." LJ, and I do so wholeheartedly agree!

Stagecoach prices

Thurso (or anywhere in caithness) to Inverness

Single £17.50
    Day return £22.00
    Period return (valid for nearly a month) £26.25

In the event of a bus not having a toilet the driver will stop at dornoch if asked (he won't know other wise and there is no time in the timetable for this stop unless a passenger or more asks)

You're just jealous because the
    voices are talking to me and not you!

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Stagecoach prices

Thurso (or anywhere in caithness) to Inverness

Single £17.50
    Day return £22.00
    Period return (valid for nearly a month) £26.25

In the event of a bus not having a toilet the driver will stop at dornoch if asked (he won't know other wise and there is no time in the timetable for this stop unless a passenger or more asks)
    Not bein picky (cos i know who u are )

But i thought we wasnt allowed to actually speak to the bus drivers whilst driving! And to be honest im always to shy to say!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Don't you usually leave Inverness late anyway, William?
    "People may say what they wish, but we are actually under no compulsion to listen." LJ, and I do so wholeheartedly agree!

I always go by train, safer, more comfortable, cup of tea, stretch your legs, have a walk, plus toilet. The last time I went by bus to Inverness the driver was speeding and several passengers complained. I received a reply to my complaint where they agred the tachograph showed he was doing 80mph up here, and i was sent a £10 voucher.
    Car sharing is a good idea, 4 of you in a car at £6 each....and room for all your shopping in the boot.
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come

Not bein picky (cos i know who u are )

But i thought we wasnt allowed to actually speak to the bus drivers whilst driving! And to be honest im always to shy to say!
    That's right your not ment to distract the driver but a quite word in his ear or even when he stops at dornoch just say they won't bite (well most of them) lol

Quote Originally Posted by Fran View Post
    tachograph showed he was doing 80mph
    I find that hard to belive as all the coaches are limmited to 62mph (100 km) and 80km is about 50mph which is the speed limit for a bus on those roads

Don't you usually leave Inverness late anyway, William?
    I always leave on time unless there is some reason for not being able to do so.

I remember coming back on a bus from inverness a while back, william was driving and we had to wait for ages because there was a crash on a road so there was a delay in some passengers arriving. William still got us home in time. Not speeding, but a brill driver! Was delighted cos we was knackered!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

No doubt he is a great driver. I've been a commuter living near Inverness for a while, and during the time that my most convenient bus was one that he was driving... I did feel incredibly safe. There are some drivers that aren't so good... actually a LOT of them. Although it was rare that we left Inverness on time lol. Must just have been the time of day... lots of traffic, and lots of passengers.

I remember coming back on a bus from inverness a while back, william was driving and we had to wait for ages because there was a crash on a road so there was a delay in some passengers arriving. William still got us home in time. Not speeding, but a brill driver! Was delighted cos we was knackered!
    Hells bells how much do i owe you for saying that lol

Was on Williams bus on Yesterday. Such a comfortable journey - even if the bus was a heap of junk (deffo not his fault though lol).

I've been on busses up to Thurso with other drivers that weren't so comfortable... I don't know what it is, but he just seems to be able to keep the coach running along that road smoothly!

stagecoach slag match ..... turned william fan club.....payrise for you lad haha...........you should all try going in a car with him ill say no more

Thumbs down Stagecoach

I have had many a problem with stagecoach, and complained 3 times!

The bus from Thurso>Halkirk>Wick bus at 16:10 stopped at the college where some the college pupils got on, for the rest to be told to wait as the bus driver wouldnt let anyone stand, when it has on the bus, so many sitting and so many standing. There were a number amount of folk NOT pleased with this and we were all told to wait for the next bus which wasnt till 16:35, although it never came till 16:55!! Stagecoach are in my bad books right now!
    Good-bye may seem forever. Farewell is like the end, but in my heart's the memory and there you'll always be

since stagecoach came to caithness its been a shambles

Was on Williams bus on Yesterday. Such a comfortable journey - even if the bus was a heap of junk (deffo not his fault though lol).

I've been on busses up to Thurso with other drivers that weren't so comfortable... I don't know what it is, but he just seems to be able to keep the coach running along that road smoothly!
    Your going to have to let me know who you are i'll need to buy you a box of roses for those nice comments lol thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Upolian View Post
    stagecoach slag match ..... turned william fan club.....payrise for you lad haha...........you should all try going in a car with him ill say no more
    In my defence i did tell you in advance i couldn't drive a car lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr P Cannop View Post
    since stagecoach came to caithness its been a shambles
    Not so long ago i'd have agreed with you but you need to remember that any company or person taking over a business is going to do things different an make mistakes untill they know what there up against i'm sure it's not all bad and in time they'll sort out all the little problems and you'll be able to go find some thing else to pick holes in.

Your going to have to let me know who you are i'll need to buy you a box of roses for those nice comments lol thanks.

Not so long ago i'd have agreed with you but you need to remember that any company or person taking over a business is going to do things different an make mistakes untill they know what there up against i'm sure it's not all bad and in time they'll sort out all the little problems and you'll be able to go find some thing else to pick holes in.

just the other week they have changed they bus timetables without warning

And take pictures of
    Don`t bother "repping" me it`s turned off.

i'm sure it's not all bad and in time they'll sort out all the little problems and you'll be able to go find some thing else to pick holes in.

Ha ha! Well said there.

I'm the girl that laughed at you when all the suitcases fell out the bus when you went to put mine in You might also remember me from when we lived on the same street in Castletown and I was good friends with your sister!

As for it being a shambles and likely to get better, I have my doubts.... You spent much time with any of the Inverness drivers lately? Since the strikes things have been going from bad to worse and have now hit rock bottom. Maybe staff from the Caithness side of things can get it sorted out, but Inverness will take longer. I hope things do get ironed out up here though.

I use the bus to inverness alot am not sure who william is but i know most of the drivers are really nice, went on a national express coach to london this week passed, yes they are nice new coaches but there is no room on the overnite buses to move and the driver well he was not a nice person , he was a badtempted miseriable man x

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast