Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whats in your garden?

Castletown (N58deg 35.240/W003deg 22.839)

We have wrens, robins, blackbirds, thrushes, chaffinches, greenfinches (one of which killed itself by flying into my window on Saturday morning ), dunnock, sparrows, saw a tree creeper the other day, collared doves, coal tits, blue tits, great tits, 2 hedgehogs that visit, and last but not least - wood mice! Oh - and like Riggerboy - prob a few doggie doos as well but I do try and scoop regularly!

So far,robin,blackbirds,sparrows,starlings but the feeders only went out today and the 1st bit of garden soil got dug over, will be interesting to see what I can attract especially when there is some cover.

I had a few siskins today, along with the other usual visitors

Default Grey Wagtail

I went to the window just now and there on the back lawn was a Grey Wagtail! I ran for the camera but needless to say it was gone by the time I was ready In all the 34 years I've lived in this house I've never seen one here before - the nearest had been The Big Burn Falls at Golspie.

Have you seen any up with you Highlander (my neighbour)?

Get pied wagtails all year round in the garden, they are scarcer in the summer months though as they seem to move down to the coastal margin.Have never seen a grey wagtail in the garden although there are a few about the area.

We had a white wagtail in the garden this week. Thats been a first for us.
    dafsorkneybirding.blogspot.com

we stopped feeding ours when we noticed some of them had that horrid disease i read up about it and it said leave it for a few weeks and disinfect everything. will wait till the end of the month then start again. i miss there chatter first thing in the morning
    sometimes the devil needs an advocate

Had a new visitor to my garden today - a merlin. Unfortunately she'd flown off before I could get my camera out. Right enough the peedie birdies were making themselves scarce today!

Whoo have seen them in the country side but never in the garden, that would be a special event.

I was very fortunate to see her so close - I was sitting speaking to my granny on the phone when she flew in and landed on the guttering! I have moorland to the south and coast to the north so I'm hoping I'll be lucky and see her again - although I might not be treated to such a close look next time.

Not quite in my garden, but on the roof of my house, a white-tailed sea eagle. Flew off when it seen me, cleared the top of my car by about 2 feet as it tried to gain height. At its closest, it was about 4 yards from me. Absolutely magnificent sight. Must try and remember to carry my camera

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12