Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Hare today - Gone Tomorrow?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hare today - Gone Tomorrow?

Hares seem to be very scarce these days. Have we any left in Caithness? I have not seen one this year. They are most visible in the Spring early mornings, but I have not even seen any then. Has anyone any news of them?

Last hares I saw in Caithness was two of them near north Watten about 3 years ago
    You get what you give

Default Rare

Hi seen a Hare tearing up a field at Forss about a month ago first one i have seen for years but not seen it since
    Say it with flowers give him a Triffod

I wouldn't be too specific in areas in case anyone is looking to course them, illegal I know but I am told it still goes on which could explain the lack of numbers.
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

Yesterday around lunchtime, having a cuppa while looking out the glass door, I was delighted at watching a young hare meandering over the grass. Not fully grown but not a baby either.........He/she ate some flaked barley that was for the hens before turning and going back over the field.

there are a few about, great to see, but yes they are scarce, modern farming and loss of habitat i fear has put paid to a lot of them
    “A lot of good arguments are spoiled by some fool who knows what he is talking about.”