Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Running or jogging partner or friends.

ace-rob Guest

Default Running or jogging partner or friends.

Hi all,

I'm new to running, but have done the Mey 10km (55mins) and the Brora 10km (52mins) this year, but not really done any proper training. I'd like to go out running a few times a week at least, but I work Sunday to Thursday evenings.

Is there anyone that goes out for, or would like to start going out for runs in the Thurso area during the mornings or afternoons?

Rob

can i join you ??

Default Fri

Hi
    Friday night running group meet at the Thurso Squash courts around 5.15pm - they then do a 5.2 mile run round the town.

Great time for the Mey 10k - well done

ace-rob Guest

Of course Mr P. Will PM you my contact details.

Thank you for your comment edayhouse.
    Will go down on Friday night and join them then. Are you down there then?

Rob

Default hmmm....

went on the run a couple of times on the Friday night and it was really good - a nice group of folk too however i now work on a Friday night till 6pm so cant manage it. If you are ever free on a Monday night they do a run from the harbour to scrabster lighthouse beginning at 6pm and thats another good run. Running group meeting to discuss different ideas/runs this Thursday at 7.30pm at Thurso Caravan Site Pavillion - if you can make it.

Enjoy your run

ace-rob Guest

A very friendly group of people. Very welcoming, thank you
    Will be making it a regular run on Fridays.

Thank you for the info about the meeting - Dave had managed to email me about it too. I have managed to wangle a few hours off work to attend.

Just out of sheer interest...

Where do you guys go for the 5.2 mile run?

And how long a run would you say it was if you started at BT, ran along the cliffs, along the beach, across the bridge and round the back of the Dammies, past the squash courts and the swimming pool, across the boating pond and then up Castlegreen Road and out to BT again? lol
    "you know and i know that we talk in circles most times"

ace-rob Guest

There's a great website called mapmyrun.com It does it all for you. I'm pretty sure the 5.2mile run is on the website.