Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Hotmail Account Hijacked

Default Hotmail Account Hijacked

Hi, Just had a bit of a shock. Everyone in my Hotmail contact list has been sent an email pointing them towards a site flogging consumer electronics. How did this happen and what should I do?

Cheers

Ive had the same thing!!!

Quite scary as i have another e-mail address and received an email from myself advertising some weird thing...

Am as interested as you to find a solution. I was going to close down my account?? There must be something else that can be done as this may be a wee bit extreme.

Glad im not the only one though...

Check for spyware - use spybot, adaware and/or malwarebytes

This happened to me...even bill fernie got one of the messages from a chinese electrical firm. the virus was in my vacation reply bit. All my contacts were lost, my email addresses all gone. i contacted hotmail and outlook express and they got my cantacts back and i got a better anti virus thing and have had no problems since. for a while after though, i was getting at least a hundred daily messages from postmaster cannot deliver. This was messages from the chinese electrical firm not getting through and i had to keep deleting them. n o problem now. good luck.
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come