Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Inglorious Basterds

Default Inglorious Basterds

Ideal wish fulfillment doesn't come much better than Tarantino's latest movie. The trailer looked like a violent version of Allo Allo, but the real deal is an engrossing, what's-gonna-happen-next gem, full of the best dialogue to come out of Hollywood in quite some time. If the head Nazi doesn't receive an Oscar for his performance it'll be unjust. Glorious indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge View Post
    Ideal wish fulfillment doesn't come much better than Tarantino's latest movie. The trailer looked like a violent version of Allo Allo, but the real deal is an engrossing, what's-gonna-happen-next gem, full of the best dialogue to come out of Hollywood in quite some time. If the head Nazi doesn't receive an Oscar for his performance it'll be unjust. Glorious indeed.
    I look forward to seeing this film. Heard from a few people that it was the best film they seen in a long time.

yea this is one im looking forward to seeing....
    The miracle is not to fly in the air,
    or to walk on the water,but to walk on the earth.

" Death proof " was good !

Default Quentins genius

A lot of slating on the film programmes on T.V. towards Quentins films dont put me off at all.
    Since his first two masterpieces Reservoir dogs and my fave Pulp fiction i have been a true fan of this,the next step in movies.
    No opinion of his work will sway me anyway, he is an inovator and a true movie maker and i shall follow his work for as long as he makes them.
    I haven't seen the new one yet but will be looking forward to it as always.

Thumbs up Inglourious

Watched at tea time and was excellent and you wont forget the scene with the Bear Jew doing his thing in a hurry, hilarious. Christoph Waltz is superb as SS Col Landa.

I am a huge Tarantino fan and really looking forward to this one. I agree with previous posts in that I generally ignore reviews and make up my own mind.

GNG
    Green but not brainwashed

Using the sun to provide hot water.
    Driving a car that gets 73 miles per gallon.....

I am also looking forward to seeing this one. Looks like my kinda film!
    *->Stress - This is the confusion created when the mind overides the body's desire to strangle some JERK who desperately needs it<-*

Nobody is Pefect. I am Nobody, therefore I am Perfect

Default tarantino

I'm usualy a Tarantino fan but this one didn't do it . The plotting was very lax indeed and the whole film took forever to get going. Once it did, the Hitler impersonator was so feeble one didn't care whether he got out of the buning cinema or not. And if this really was meant to be Hitler and he got roasted then the whole of history has been changed.! I got the impression this movie has been kicking around forever and Tarantino is the past the point of caring...
    Richard Sutherland

Thought it was terrible, Big fan of his early stuff but nothing great lately