Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Drivers Beware....

Thumbs down Drivers Beware....

I have noticed several times, the last being this afternoon, that there is a speed camera van parked in the lay-by on the road between wick and Hempriggs. On my return to wick I noticed the camera sticking out of the window filming cars......so motorists beware and watch your speed, and smile at the camera as you pass!!!!!!!
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come

Quote Originally Posted by Fran
    I have noticed several times, the last being this afternoon, that there is a speed camera van parked in the lay-by on the road between wick and Hempriggs. On my return to wick I noticed the camera sticking out of the window filming cars......so motorists beware and watch your speed, and smile at the camera as you pass!!!!!!!
    You havent been speeding again fran lol

or maybe there taking snap shot to put on the photograghy thread

krieve Guest

Thats one of the polices usual haunts, I have seen them there a few times when passing.

If you go here

http://www.nscp.co.uk/

then you will always know where the cameras are!!!!

Don't speed and you won't need to know where the cameras are.

krieve Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DW
    If you go here

Thanks for that Dw cheers.

Just make sure you're not filmed doing the same as this dozy dame....

LINK

If you go here

thats the most sensibles post you have come up with in the last week lol

someone was in a hurry..

Quote Originally Posted by pultneytooner
    Don't speed and you won't need to know where the cameras are.
    I think that is excellent advice, and I never go faster than allowed on my pushbike.

In fact, I have never done anything wrong in my whole life, just like all other members of this illustrious website.

So, there we have it, disband the polis, pultneytooner has got it sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by ice box
    thats the most sensibles post you have come up with in the last week lol
    Thanks yous sos muchs, youves nos ideas hows littles thats posts meanss tos mes.

Thumbs up

Thanks DW, useful information.
    Live the Dream, don't dream the life

I think that is excellent advice, and I never go faster than allowed on my pushbike.

In fact, I have never done anything wrong in my whole life, just like all other members of this illustrious website.

So, there we have it, disband the polis, pultneytooner has got it sorted.
    So, because people do things they shouldnt, you should be allowed to speed?!!? Speed limits are there for a reason, and you wont get done if you stay within the limits...so your sorted!!
    Hard work never killed anyone, but why take the risk

Unlike DW I have been stopped for speeding on a bike! Regent Road in Edinburgh is deceptively steep (it's a very even slope) and I was tootling down there one evening with a strong breeze at my back. I was barely pedalling and passed the police van with never a thought of the speed limit. I was pulled over at the bottom end by a grinning officer who told me they had clocked me at 42 in a 30 zone! I wasn't booked as they decided they would get the mickey taken back at the station for booking a cyclist, but he did put on a serious face and warn me about not doing it again.

Quote Originally Posted by chimo
    So, because people do things they shouldnt, you should be allowed to speed?!!? Speed limits are there for a reason, and you won't get done if you stay within the limits...so you're sorted!!
    What??? Try posting in your native language and it may make more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Fran
    What a great idea. Let's all get together on here and undermine the efforts of the Police.

I'll start the ball rolling by posting here every occasion when you are out of your home. That should ensure that the local neds can do over your property without fear of being caught.

Oh, sorry, I forgot motorist offences are not real crimes. As for Police publishing where they have cameras operating, well I always did think that Police Intelligence was an Oxymoron.

Oh yes here we go again I have no problem with the police but I always hope that they would have had better things to do like catching the prats that broke into the South School or even better the morons who broke into the house in Henrietta street However that seems difficult in comparison to the guy doing 64mph on a deserted road nr Wick If they are so bothered about speed they should try The Shebster road at certain times of the day or night

Quote Originally Posted by peter macdonald
    Oh yes here we go again I have no problem with the police but I always hope that they would have had better things to do like catching the prats that broke into the South School or even better the morons who broke into the house in Henrietta street However that seems difficult in comparison to the guy doing 64mph on a deserted road nr Wick If they are so bothered about speed they should try The Shebster road at certain times of the day or night

... and the road up past the College in Thurso
    Don Quixote

Quote Originally Posted by peter macdonald
    Better things to do, like what? Trying to prevent people being killed on roads?

Some interesting stats here:-

http://www.rospa.com/roadsafety/advi...ed_cameras.htm

I am not condoning speeding here but lets catch the worst offenders first rather than going for the easy money sitting on a flat stretch of road.

Going 66 in a 60 zone is 10% over the limit
    Going 70 in a 60 zone is 17% over the limit

Now take certain groups of individuals who race in the town or speed along the streets where children walk, play etc

36 in a 30 zone is 20% over the limit
    40 in a 30 zone is 33.3% over the limit

I have followed police cars and ambulances on the who were well up past 66mph - 70 mph +
    Who is the bigger speeder here? Who is putting more lives at risk ? Seems obvious to me: Those speeding in the town.

I will not even go into those individuals who speed through the new 20mph zones at schools or park across the yellow zig-zag.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast