Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: *- What Do You Want to Hear -*

Thumbs up *- What Do You Want to Hear -*

Just out of pure boardum what Do you the peoeple of the ORG want to hear musically

Are you one more for traditional music?

Are you one for the hard rockin roll music?

Or are you for the good old Hippie music?

What does Caithness want to hear??

Big Imagination For Feeling Young Cause Life Yearns Real Optimism

Silence.... :P

Erm, I'm all for anything really. As long as the bands can play and the singer can sing!

True story jeid!

Same!
    Big Imagination For Feeling Young Cause Life Yearns Real Optimism

All too often I hear bands in the county that can't play their instruments or the singer tries to sing songs that are out of range.

On another note... I found this image amusing

This is our singer, Linton Osborne, when he's not performing as Superelvis. www.myspace.com/lintonosborne

What is "Hippy music"?
    In the image of God? You must be joking!

It's certainly something you don't see very much of at Glastonbury anymore. Hungry Freaks Daddy!

linesix Guest

lol ...... rock into mordor ....... thats ace!! \m/.

im up for listening to anything thats tight, as long as it isnt Indie/Garage Indie ....... lol i really really dislike the latest craze (which is slightly dying, thankfully!) of bands like Bloc Party, White stripes, Kings of leon, Artic monkeys ....... seems like the worse talented musician you are - the more chance you have of making it!!?! at the same time - who is to blame for that, the bands or the audience of listeners?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by linesix
    lol ...... rock into mordor ....... thats ace!! \m/.

im up for listening to anything thats tight, as long as it isnt Indie/Garage Indie ....... lol i really really dislike the latest craze (which is slightly dying, thankfully!) of bands like Bloc Party, White stripes, Kings of leon, Artic monkeys ....... seems like the worse talented musician you are - the more chance you have of making it!!?! at the same time - who is to blame for that, the bands or the audience of listeners?!?!
    The record companies, the media and the gross ignorance of the young record buying public who have been fed on a diet of garbage for so long, the majority don't know any better. Music was devalued in 1976/77 and has never improved. I think it came to a head when a talentless pair of bairns who can't play are considered to be good enough to top the bill on a Friday night at Glastonbury. I refer to White stripe of course.

Default Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!

The more Talentless they are the more chance they have to succeed eh....this could be my time to shine, hahaha
    "The Light seems small and far,
    A Darkness envelops my soul,
    Hiding behind my empty smiles,
    Within my mind, Deeper I fall."

I have not even read the thread
    but its seems to me this is true
    what id like to see in Caithness
    is a bit of me
    then u

id like to see more bands that are actually getting off their arse and making their own music.

id like to meet them and jam with them and play on the same bill as them

thats what i want to hear

(again sorry for not reading the pi....thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Reev
    The more Talentless they are the more chance they have to succeed eh....this could be my time to shine, hahaha
    No Reev, You're IQ is just above vegetable level so you've no hope.

I know what you mean Gleber2. All that 'fashion'. White's other band, The Raconteurs, on the other hand, are a far more wholesome proposition worthy of our attention.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge
    I know what you mean Gleber2. All that 'fashion'. White's other band, The Raconteurs, on the other hand, are a far more wholesome proposition worthy of our attention.
    Might be worthy of your attention Loon, but without hearing a note I doubt if they'll be worthy of mine.

Original sound from Caithness, no covers no copies.

Bands that have used the forum or the general org to advertise themselves

Cyanide,Estrella,Crimson Tide,Boss Hogg,Plastic Food Quebec,etcetc

All the individual singers mentioned on the org in the last few months.

All together on one night or a series of nights every year on a fixed date.
    Sponsored by Caithness.org.. or better still Tesco who are coming to Caithness.[good pr for them]

Must be original stuff from various genres, no battles just all supporting this event to promote Caithness, the music here and create a path for continuous original sounds to get out to the public.

Then from this big event can many smaller and much needed open mic events happen.

Oh and if you're really interested don't start a thread with because I'm bored.
    Because music isn't boring but you could make it sound so.
    Patience is the ability to put up with someone you'd like to put down.

linesix Guest

[quote=Gleber2] Music was devalued in 1976/77 and has never improved. quote]

yeah ...... a bit of me agrees with that, in the main-stream sector yeah......... but there are total mind blowingly talented bands, such as one called 'Tool' ..... progressive metal ..... there is no other band out there like them. They took the oppisite spectrum to nearly all other bands - by not being a commercial band, actually doing it for the love of live shows! and they can sell-out everywhere they play, because they have sooooooo much respect as musicians!

[quote=linesix]
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleber2
    Music was devalued in 1976/77 and has never improved. quote]

yeah ...... a bit of me agrees with that, in the main-stream sector yeah......... but there are total mind blowingly talented bands, such as one called 'Tool' ..... progressive metal ..... there is no other band out there like them. They took the oppisite spectrum to nearly all other bands - by not being a commercial band, actually doing it for the love of live shows! and they can sell-out everywhere they play, because they have sooooooo much respect as musicians!
    Prepared to believe you and I will check out Tool..

Word up hommies.... Tool are indeed a pretty awesome band. I like them. So should you... just cos I said so!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid
    Word up hommies.... Tool are indeed a pretty awesome band. I like them. So should you... just cos I said so!
    I will have to accept that they are great if YOU say so. I won't even check them out.

Damn straight, in all seriousness John, I don't think you'd like them much, but you might appreciate their musical talents.