Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: south school

Angry south school

I hear South School was broken into last night and a lot of damage has been done -- what kind of people does these things!!!
    jac

unicorn Guest

people who have never been taught respect in their miserable lives springs to mind!!

krieve Guest

My son came home at lunch time and told me It is pathetic who would want to break in to a school!!

Pretty sad eh wonder what will be done about it ... probably nothing as usal .

Quote Originally Posted by jac1791
    I hear South School was broken into last night and a lot of damage has been done -- what kind of people does these things!!!
    The kind of people who have no respect because they have no fear of our punishment system. Our modern and "civilised" system means that they can look forward to warm cells, nutritious food, activities to keep them stimulated and as much drugs as they need. Wow, what an incentive not to commit crime.

Of course, these people only got to be what they are because their mammies and daddies shouted at them as kids and smacked their hand when they tried to strangle the cat. Poor creatures, we should be feeling sorry for them and spending more resources on trying to rehabilitate them. After all, one stray lamb recovered is more important than a whole flock who, boringly, behaved themselves.

unicorn Guest

I saw in the p&j that a new support unit is opening in Wick today for troubled high school students, so one school gets a break and another gets broken into!!!

y do ppl sound suprised? its wick wake up and smell the coffee,no1 has control over these sad pathetic ppl,must be a cuple o break ins a week,not very good at all!! its even going on in watten now,needing a bobby bk out here to sort some fools out me's thinking!!!

another pointless act of vandalism,shudnt something be done rather than post it on a forum?

krieve Guest

Quote Originally Posted by saxovtr
    y do ppl sound suprised? its wick wake up and smell the coffee,no1 has control over these sad pathetic ppl,must be a cuple o break ins a week,not very good at all!! its even going on in watten now,needing a bobby bk out here to sort some fools out me's thinking!!!

another pointless act of vandalism,shudnt something be done rather than post it on a forum?
    What exactly do you suggest saxovtr ?

I heard they stole the dvd players from the mask club

Does'nt the school have cctv ? if not i think it's about time .

Quote Originally Posted by ice box
    Does'nt the school have cctv ? if not i think it's about time .
    Oh yes, let's spend more money on anything bar actual education. CCTV etc is missing the point that these people do not fear getting caught. Our system has nothing to dissuade them from committing crime. Until we toughen ourselves up and accept that we cannot live the utopian dream we will continue to see our pathetic efforts at punishment treated with the contempt it deserves.

more than likely a drug related crime, its a shame on the bairns, but until the drug problem is tackled this type of thing will continue,

regarding the comments surrounding cctv, this all kicked off after Dunblane and i was really surprised that until recently i could walk into Miller Academy quite freely without being questioned, this has now been resolved with their new security system, and while it doens't solve the problem of break ins it does give a certain amount of security.

when i worked at Queen Margaret University it was a regular occurrance that hard drives would be removed from computers, mice went missing, memory taken and this was just by the students that attended......and we had cctv and security guards.

Quote Originally Posted by scorrie
    The kind of people who have no respect because they have no fear of our punishment system. Our modern and "civilised" system means that they can look forward to warm cells, nutritious food, activities to keep them stimulated and as much drugs as they need. Wow, what an incentive not to commit crime.
    Of course, these people only got to be what they are because their mammies and daddies shouted at them as kids and smacked their hand when they tried to strangle the cat. Poor creatures, we should be feeling sorry for them and spending more resources on trying to rehabilitate them. After all, one stray lamb recovered is more important than a whole flock who, boringly, behaved themselves.
    Aye the kind who's doting parents say, "Dont you dare raise your voice at my bairn, or you will suffer"
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Quote Originally Posted by golach
    Aye the kind who's doting parents say, "Dont you dare raise your voice at my bairn, or you will suffer"
    And the same ones on a previous thread that have said that if a teacher give their child the belt it would be the last thing they would do!!

Always when I read a thread like this, an old saying springs to mind, "Spare the rod and spoil the child". How true it is, "Scorrrie" is correct, there is no deterent, they can't be touched even by their parents.

Human rights has gone too far.
    Live the Dream, don't dream the life

If it is true that South was broken into it is so sad because it is a fantastic school where the Head Teacher and her staff work very hard to help bairns who sometimes don't have very much themselves. There are often wee souls there who come from poverty and I know staff and other parents have done a lot to help these families. It is a school doing well against the odds and it is shameful that some mindless morons have done this.

The trouble is, even if they are caught, nothing much will happen to them, particularly if they are under sixteen.

Unfortunately we can't take the law into our own hands as we will then be arrested for our crimes. All we can do is lobby hard our elected members, local and national for better policing, stiffer penalties etc but I fear we as a society have to go a long way down before we can begin the crawl back up.

I have also heard that Wick High School was done as well, anybody heard any more about this.
    Live the Dream, don't dream the life

Quote Originally Posted by KitKat
    If it is true that South was broken into it is so sad because it is a fantastic school where the Head Teacher and her staff work very hard to help bairns who sometimes don't have very much themselves. There are often wee souls there who come from poverty and I know staff and other parents have done a lot to help these families. It is a school doing well against the odds and it is shameful that some mindless morons have done this.
    Nobody should be living in poverty, in wick or anywhere else in scotland.
    Maybe if these parents spent the money on their families instead of only thinking about themselves or as some do, spend it down the pub or on drugs these kids could have quite a reasonable upbringing.
    I feel sorry for the kids alright but the parents, well, I can't put into words the real contempt that I feel for such people.
    Last edited by pultneytooner; 29-Mar-06 at 21:42.

Quote Originally Posted by KitKat

The trouble is, even if they are caught, nothing much will happen to them, particularly if they are under sixteen.

Unfortunately we can't take the law into our own hands as we will then be arrested for our crimes. All we can do is lobby hard our elected members, local and national for better policing, stiffer penalties etc but I fear we as a society have to go a long way down before we can begin the crawl back up.
    Kitkat for a start my son goes to the south school and i can assure you that he does not come from poverty. And nor do the rest of the childern that attened the school. What give you the right to say that bairns fom the south school are poor and are from a poor back ground .

Some people seem to think that if kids don't have the latest designer gear, toys etc then they must be from a poverty stricken family when the opposite is true. The word poverty can be such a nasty word when used in a certain way.
    Lots of kids don't have flashy clothes and suchlike but are very well looked after and loved by their parents and that is all that counts.
    Like I said nobody should be living in poverty unless it's the parents doing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast