Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Bottled Raspberries

Default Bottled Raspberries

Does anybody have a recipe for bottled rasps (with or without alcohol)? We seem to have a glut here and I've already made enough jam to last us until 2012. I had a look online but all I could find was Raspberry Vinegar, which sounds revolting, and bottled cherries where you have to cook them for 10 minutes.......more jam then. I would like to keep them whole and uncooked if possible.

Default Bottled Raspberries

I have just finished making strawberry vodka, yummy!! i have plenty raspberrys and brambles so they are going to get the same treatment, just type into google, how to make raspberry vodka, you can also try it with gin. HICK, HICK lol

Raspberries freeze quite well. Lay them on a flat tray to freeze in the fast freeze section, then bag them into portions once frozen. That way they don`t go into mulch when defrosted and take up less room in the freezer once bagged.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

Quote Originally Posted by Humerous Vegetable;583757[COLOR=darkslateblue
    I had a look online but all I could find was Raspberry Vinegar, which sounds revolting.[/COLOR]
    I used to make Raspberry Vinegar, it's really delicious and makes a good salad dressing. Try making a small amount Humerous Vegetable, you might like it.