Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Latest on Tesco

Talking Latest on Tesco

Just been to the Tesco Question Time at the Nethercliffe Hotel! It was very interesting indeed and lasted about 90 minutes.

The new store is planned to open here in December and will be looking to employ between 175 - 300 new staff. The minimum wage being nearly £6 per hour.

There will be a drive-thru car wash and cafe at the new store as well as everything else Tesco usually offer including clothes, electrical items, fresh food deli's etc..

The store itself will be slightly bigger than the one in Dingwall and will probably be open from 6am - 12 midnight.

Petrol will cost the same or less as the lowest price within a 3 mile radius. And the petrol station may well be open 24 hours.

Other items bought instore will be the same price as all other stores.
    Last edited by Julia; 28-Mar-06 at 16:25.
    Why be a hard rock when you really are a gem!

Thumbs up

That sounds good to me. I live in the Thurso area but I have no objections to traveling to Wick to get my shopping, although if Asda get the go ahead in Thurso I will be going there.

So now we know what the hold up was with the Planning Permission.

Three mile radius? what a strange figure to pick?
    I wonder if any product other than fuel is subject to the same restriction?
    Animals I like, people I tolerate.

i welcome the new tesco's

krieve Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Julia
    Just been to the Tesco Question Time at the Nethercliffe Hotel! It was very interesting indeed and lasted about 90 minutes.

The new store is planned to open here in December and will be looking to employ between 175 - 300 new staff. The minimum wage being nearly £6 per hour.

There will be a drive-thru car wash and cafe at the new store as well as everything else Tesco usually offer including clothes, electrical items, fresh food deli's etc..

The store itself will be slightly bigger than the one in Dingwall and will probably be open from 6am - 12 midnight.

Petrol will cost the same or less as the lowest price within a 3 mile radius. And the petrol station may well be open 24 hours.

Other items bought instore will be the same price as all other stores.
    Thanks for that Julia you have just made my day. I had heard that it should be open by december.

Default tesco

if its opening in december dont you think they would be started building it by now

krieve Guest

Just think how fast homebase has been built, when did they start was it november?

knightofeth Guest

Thanks for posting this

Quote Originally Posted by krieve
    Just think how fast homebase has been built, when did they start was it november?
    homebase is still not finished and tesco have not even started yet.

The 3 mile radius thing is Tesco policy and done within all of their stores, up here it won't make much difference but in cities it has previously led to price wars and some off the smaller garages closing.

krieve Guest

Quote Originally Posted by billy boy
    homebase is still not finished and tesco have not even started yet.
    Ok smarty pants homebase is nearly finished and as for tesco i know it is not even started yet.

Bienvénue A Tesco

If Tesco are going to price their petrol on the basis of a comparison of other garage prices within a 3 mile radius then Wick garage owners will dictate what Tesco's fuel prices will be. So much for any hope of reasonable petrol prices then.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Ok smarty pants homebase is nearly finished and as for tesco i know it is not even started yet.
    Dont get me wrong i would welcome tesco here as i travell to tesco in Inverness every month (as for smarty pants, i wear thongs )

krieve Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sapphire1
    Dont get me wrong i would welcome tesco here as i travell to tesco in Inverness every month (as for smarty pants, i wear thongs )
    I was not referring to you.lol

I was not referring to you.lol
    sorry krieve, dont know what i am slevering aboot.. ... what can a say can only think its cos its that time o month.

sorry krieve, dont know what i am slevering aboot.. ... what can a say can only think its cos its that time o month.
    IS it full moon time again Sapphire1?????
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

krieve Guest

No need to be sorry sapphire1 lol

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by JAWS
    So now we know what the hold up was with the Planning Permission.

Did I miss something here???

What was the hold up with the planning permission?

Quote Originally Posted by connieb19
    IS it full moon time again Sapphire1?????
    yeah, think a suffer bad fae full moon fever.....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast