Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Posting images.

Default Posting images.

I have actually found that Imageshack is actually better than photobucket for posting photos. Imageshack automatically resizes the photo for use on forums, whereas with photobucket keeps the original size.
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

Flickr is fantastic for organising and tagging your photos too. Photobucket just can't compete in terms of grouping and tagging photos or in sharing them with friends and family.
    Laugh and the world laughs with you... cry, and the world looks sheepish and suddenly remembers it had other plans.

So is this the site we should be using now.
    Photo bucket's pictures were far too big for me.
    Going up to Lochinver for a walking holiday so should get some good pictures there.Will need to figuere out how to transfere on to the memory card
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

Quote Originally Posted by cuddlepop
    So is this the site we should be using now.
    Photo bucket's pictures were far too big for me.
    Going up to Lochinver for a walking holiday so should get some good pictures there.Will need to figuere out how to transfere on to the memory card
    There is still the photography thread to post photos, but this one is the themed photograph thread. I would suggest registering with imageshack to upload your photos. Imageshack resizes photos specifically for message boards. If your photos are too big to upload you can download image resizer from microsoft.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx

This installs to the default programme.

Hope this helps.

Cool G'day

Quote Originally Posted by 2little2late
    I have actually found that Imageshack is actually better than photobucket for posting photos. Imageshack automatically resizes the photo for use on forums, whereas with photobucket keeps the original size.
    Have just found out how to get my pics from photobucket but had a quick look at Imageshack and agree it looks better can you use it you use it to get your photos on here? robin

Quote Originally Posted by darkie@dreamtilt.com.au
    Have just found out how to get my pics from photobucket but had a quick look at Imageshack and agree it looks better can you use it you use it to get your photos on here? robin
    Yes you can. I use imageshack and I find it a lot better than photobucket.

Cool Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by 2little2late
    Yes you can. I use imageshack and I find it a lot better than photobucket.
    Thanks for the answer I will switch to Imageshack had a look around Photobucket but found to many rude things posted,kind of put me off posting my photos thanks Robin