Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: clocks?

Default clocks?

hey can anyone tell me does anything happen to e time e night thought it goes forward is this true?

yup it is tonight they go forward one hour (about 2am to be precise i think or maybe it is 1am to make it 2am lol).
    www.tugmistress.co.uk

oh lovely an hour less in ma bed. thanks for telling me lol

Quote Originally Posted by the original ducky
    hey can anyone tell me does anything happen to e time e night thought it goes forward is this true?
    Time is continuously going forward ducky mate - but we do put our clocks forward an hour

You would not think it was the start of summer tomorrow by the weather dont worry still got the may gobs to look forward to lol

oh lovely an hour less in ma bed. thanks for telling me lol
    Why an hour less, its sunday have a lie in

Also its mothers day, all mothers should be getting a lie in, plus breakfast in bed

That sound s like a dig to me .

"Spring forward, fall back" should help you remember what happens to the clocks, and when!

hey thanks to everyone who helped sadly work in the morning just like others, an hour less in bed oh the joys! xx
    Last edited by the original ducky; 26-Mar-06 at 17:37.

Thanks for this ducky. We don't change until next week and I would have missed the quiz without knowing that this was your spring forward weekend.

Thank's ducky I will never buy a Groat again.

krieve Guest

Has anyone put the clocks forward yet then?

Quote Originally Posted by krieve
    Has anyone put the clocks forward yet then?
    No I put mine's back to catch up with Ducky

Default clock change

its about time they stopped all this changing of the clocks it is rather dated now what is the point of it anyway what good does it do i am as baffled as a chipmunk

Quote Originally Posted by robby50x
    its about time they stopped all this changing of the clocks it is rather dated now what is the point of it anyway what good does it do i am as baffled as a chipmunk
    I think it was something to do with the last war not sure though, maybe someone can tell why.

knightofeth Guest

Talking

It gives us an extra hour in bed to look forward to in the autumn!

We have British Summer Time (aka Daylight Savings Time) so that we have lighter evenings in the summer.

In Caithness, the sun rises before 4.30am in June and July and sets a little after 10pm. If we remained on GMT all year round, the sun would rise before 3.30am and set shortly after 9pm in the height of the summer. Since I'd guess that most people don't get up until at least 7am, that'd be a waste of good daylight.

There's a campaign down south to have BST in the winter and BST+1 in the summer, to extend the evening daylight throughout the year. As Scotland gets extremely short days in the winter, it would mean that the sun wouldn't rise until nearly 10am in the depths of winter. I believe that this proposal is not well received in Scotland because it would probably lead to an increase in road accidents. It'd also be pretty horrendous for those people suffering from SAD.
    Laugh and the world laughs with you... cry, and the world looks sheepish and suddenly remembers it had other plans.

Arrow

BST was established in 1916 to give farmers longer daylight for working the fields for growing much needed food during the war.

Cool

Aye, the clocks went forward today, guess who forgot & was an hour late for my work! Boss is okay , he thought it was quite funny