Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dressed to Kill

Alas i cant go now. Playing down Loch Ness-side somewhere tomorrow night. Shame, maybe next time.
    "But primarily, the drummer's supposed to sit back there and swing the band." The actual Buddy Rich

Good gig last night, the boys were certainly on form. Pyro, fire-breathing and Paul Stanley's biro'd-on chest wig (no curly ones mind) made for a very realistic performance.

Here's a very fuzzy 'phone pic:

"It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

I bloody loved them!!! haha

Although if you were in a Kiss tribute band, surely at some point you would look at yourselves and think, how did things come to this?
    "But primarily, the drummer's supposed to sit back there and swing the band." The actual Buddy Rich

They were very good over in Kirkwall on Friday night. If I hadn't had child care commitments on Saturday night I would have ventured over the water to see them In Thurso as well.

How well attended was it in Thurso? I reckon there was no more than 150 folk at the Kirkwall gig, maybe not even that.

Quote Originally Posted by buddyrich View Post
    Although if you were in a Kiss tribute band, surely at some point you would look at yourselves and think, how did things come to this?
    That's exactly what I was thinking. And I certainly would not fancy getting dressed up in that clobber every night before a show!
    Pictures of you, litter my floorboards.

Hahaha! I guess so...still, I enjoyed the show they put on. Bit of a change from the usual.

Pretty sure it's only a part-time gig for the boys in the band. The drummer is a national radio presenter for talkSPORT - Ian Danter.

I managed to miss this one being away with astronot for the weekend, was it busy at all? I take it they went on stage at 12.

I hear they hired in a bloke to do the sound, any idea who it was?

Quote Originally Posted by BigKev View Post
    I managed to miss this one being away with astronot for the weekend, was it busy at all? I take it they went on stage at 12.

Unfortunatly for those that are not a fan of Kiss its was pretty dissapointing. Plenty of complaints. Probably not the best idea for a Sat night.

But personally I thought they were lethal beans.

God knows who did the sound, I was just a little bit blazin!

Quote Originally Posted by BigKev View Post

It was dead to start with.

The band went on about 1145 and at that point there was about 15 - 20 folk in! Once the usual suspects piled in at 12 though there were a good few people on the go.

The guy that did the sound was from Inverness I'm sure... but like the big mac, I'd had a few as well so can't be 100%.
    "you know and i know that we talk in circles most times"

[QUOTE=the_big_mac;588533]Unfortunatly for those that are not a fan of Kiss its was pretty dissapointing. Plenty of complaints. Probably not the best idea for a Sat night.[QUOTE]

You mean, people who are not Kiss fans, knowing fine well it was a Kiss tribute act, actually went along only to complain? How odd.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge View Post
    You mean, people who are not Kiss fans, knowing fine well it was a Kiss tribute act, actually went along only to complain? How odd.
    Yup, but that's your Disco Dollies for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalattakk View Post
    Yup, but that's your Disco Dollies for ya.
    I guess there's no accounting for human behaviour.

[quote=The Pepsi Challenge;588699][quote=the_big_mac;588533]Unfortunatly for those that are not a fan of Kiss its was pretty dissapointing. Plenty of complaints. Probably not the best idea for a Sat night.

Its Skins on a Sat night Pepsi. Of course the general public dont know whats on, they never have in the past and they never will in the future. They just all turn up expecting the same thing they get every week. Unless its an abba tribute or Kenny Rogers then I dont expect the majority of folk to "like" any event thats put on.

Thankfully there was a good few folk that do pay attention to whats on and they gave the band the reception that they deserved.

The suspense is killing me - how much was it to get in?
    In mitigation Mr Bruce de Wert said his client had been drinking and could remember little of the incident.

Nine quid.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12