Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wick Gala / Procession/ Zip Slide (merged threads)

the participants must come down at some speed! how are they stopped? will there be an air bag for them to bang into?
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Default zip slide

not long back home from doing the zip slide over wick river just wanted to tell everyone it was great fun doing it and such a worthwhile cause. well done 2 everyone who took part, hell it's high up

Talking zip slide

well done to you and everyone else who was brave enough to do this. you should all be really proud of yourselves. we think you are all amazing !!
    mo

that was brilliant fun
    a big thanks to all who sponsored myself and debbie

Default zip slide

well done lynne and all that took part

it was good crack, don't know why i was so worried shame they couldn't do the 5 quid photos tho. will have 2 order online. i'm quite proud of myself now and think i've gone up in the cool stakes with the kids. not quite a web sling but still pretty cool!

Quote Originally Posted by mumof2 View Post
    not long back home from doing the zip slide over wick river just wanted to tell everyone it was great fun doing it and such a worthwhile cause. well done 2 everyone who took part, hell it's high up
    Did the zip slide my-self this afternoon it was amazing i fair enjoyed it, screamed my head off but loved it, i totally agree about being high up , hope everyone else who took part enjoyed it as-well. Trying to think what i am going to do next, have done a fire walk and now a zip slide, not sure what exciting thing to do next????
    Live for today as u never no what tomorrow will bring..

woz wanderin the same thing, did firewalk in April aswell, surely some other crazy company will organise something equally thrilling for us 2 get our teeth into

I'm just back from doing the zip slide and have to say, i thoroughly enjoyed myself , although i did end up going down backwards. By accident of course. apart from that, i really really had a lot of fun!!!
    "Celtic jerseys are not for second best...It won't shrink to fit an inferior player" Jock Stein

Yip just back from doing it. It was great fun really scary from the the top of the tower though that was worse than the zip slide itself. Did slow down a lot half way acrooss though it was going to stop now that would of been a . We were dressed up as pirates scary ones at that.

Plus all the monies goes to a good charity that really needs it. Would deffo do it again. Will attach pics once I upload them . Fab day out. xx

Well done everyone who took part. One look at the scaffolding going up last week was enough for me.

Thurso.. or is it Wales? Not sure, what day of the week is it?

Quote Originally Posted by katarina View Post
    the participants must come down at some speed! how are they stopped? will there be an air bag for them to bang into?
    Just bag from spending all day at the zipslide. It was great fun.

The average speed was about 20 - 30 mph, and they were stopped by a couple of guys holding break ropes. Was a shame that they couldn't get the 100 people they hoped to do it, last total was about 92 I think.

And sorry to anyone I embarressed (apart from Katy & Lynn that is )

G

Thurso.. or is it Wales? Not sure, what day of the week is it?

Mega congrat to everyone who did it. I would have done it if it hadn't been for the fact I had to comentate, and the mic would have falen out of my hand if I tried it with the mic... honest

Was a great day and hope everyone, young, old and non Caithnessian who did it, enjoyed themselves

Oh and Lynn, while I mind, where are my branches??????
    Last edited by Dynamic Sounds; 25-Jul-09 at 19:09.

Default Carnival Procession

Just back from watching the carnival procession, thoroughly enjoyed it and the weather stayed fine as well.

One guy was not impressed with my mother in law as she was trying her hardest to put some cash in his can of cider.

Well done to all those that made a big effort.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Milkins View Post

One guy was not impressed with my mother in law as she was trying her hardest to put some cash in his can of cider.

I would have loved to have seen this, did you take a Photo? If so please post it

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

i see the alcohol ban worked then!!!!

sorry climbing up the scaffold put all thoughts of the branches out o my head, hope you got out of the field okay. and you did a brill job
    any idea how many took part in all?

glad the weather stayed good, floats were brill as usual just a bit of a shame that there weren't many i think there was about 8 or so. the drinking ban sooo didn't happen most were pretty merry quite right too!

Saw the procession and certainly enjoyed them all. There is certainly a lot more folk on foot nowadays but think it all has a lot to do with costs and availability of lorries etc. Plenty cans so hopefully plenty of dosh! A splendid speech from the lovely Gala Queen.
    I didn't think the law has come into effect yet banning drinking of alcohol on the streets?
    Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.

i loved the arabian knights float! that was so cool!
    http://itqueries.com/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast