Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wick Gala / Procession/ Zip Slide (merged threads)

Talking Wick Gala / Procession/ Zip Slide (merged threads)

Wick Gala is only 6 days away! Cant wait, me and a few of my mate are going out as sailors and the guys are going out as Pirates!

Anyone else taking part ?
    Good-bye may seem forever. Farewell is like the end, but in my heart's the memory and there you'll always be

was thinking about going as tinkerbell when i zip across the river but after looking in the mirror then i should go as the leader of the tinkers, she is more my size lol.

but don't think i'll have the nerve to dress up it will take all of the nerve to do the zip alone

Dressing up in 70s for the zip slide but just going to watch the gala this year

Agree with you Lynn it is going to be nerve wracking enough doing the zip have you seen the height of it???!!!! I got a shock when I seen it!!!

Katy x

Default Procession Night Market Sq Live Music

Weather permitting, The Harlands will be playing in the Market Sq after the floats pass. 7:45 til 9:00.
    I kent his faither

Sounds like another good night to come,allways for me, but as ever the wheather plays a part(County show day just past for example) although it will never dampen the true spirits of thoses who want to enjoy the spectacle or take part.
    Looking forward to it

I'll be dressed up! Any excuse for dressing up is good! We're all dressing up in work with a Scoobydoo theme, obviously ive opted to be a bad guy/gal (vampiress!)

Default that time of year again

I cant beleive that it is the gala on sat 25th for me this year has passed quickly so does that mean that the bonfire is on 1st august?? Last year my auld father told me "lassie ill never see another bonfire and fireworks as beautiful as they are the night" he was right he died this year. We never miss gala or bonfire as a family we have attended every year for all of my life. All the wickers pull together and have a right good auld time and the bairns greeting or laughing enjoy it too. It is those nights i am proud of where i am from. WICK.

aye katy, think my poor leggies will be more wobbly from the thought of climbing to the top of it rather than the zip slide itself

Quote Originally Posted by lynne duncan View Post
    aye katy, think my poor leggies will be more wobbly from the thought of climbing to the top of it rather than the zip slide itself

Me too Lynne! At least it is steps tho and not ladders think that would have really put me off!!! Think I will b needing a push with my eyes closed :L
    I might see you on Saturday if not good luck
    Kxxx

Are you really going to do it Lynne? I would love to - but I can't get half way up a ladder without freezingso i guess i'd never get up there.
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Thurso.. or is it Wales? Not sure, what day of the week is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    Me too Lynne! At least it is steps tho and not ladders think that would have really put me off!!! Think I will b needing a push with my eyes closed :L
    I might see you on Saturday if not good luck
    Kxxx

Had a wee look at the scaffold on Saturday from the county show, and again today when I was in Wick at the hospital. It isn't that high.....

....ok it is quite high

Thank goodness I'll be at the landing area rather than the jump off point!

G

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamic Sounds View Post
    Had a wee look at the scaffold on Saturday from the county show, and again today when I was in Wick at the hospital. It isn't that high.....

....ok it is quite high

Thank goodness I'll be at the landing area rather than the jump off point!

G

Good you will be at that side Graeme other than having lots of swear words and screaming going through your mike!! lol!
    Too right it is high!! Not what I expected at all!
    Will be a good start to the gala having the zip slide during the day!
    Katy xx

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    Good you will be at that side Graeme other than having lots of swear words and screaming going through your mike!! lol!

I don't believe a young lady would swear...

While I mind I will probably be taking a camera along that day to capture a few of the victims participants reactions on landing, and might interview a few aswell!

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamic Sounds View Post
    I don't believe a young lady would swear...

While I mind I will probably be taking a camera along that day to capture a few of the victims participants reactions on landing, and might interview a few aswell!
    I didn't say me.....like I would swear

Please don't interview me i'm terribly shy lol!!!

Katy xx

"I don't believe a young lady would swear... "

good job I'm not young or a lady then !!!!!!!!!

looking forward to it but won't be able to hang around long in the morning as the abigail is dancing with the majorettes at the talent show in the assembly rooms, but will be back down when she's done there

crossing all crossable bits that the weather will behave!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lynne duncan View Post
    crossing all crossable bits that the weather will behave!!!
    Yeah after the show last week would be horrible if it was raining again all day. Daying that I can hide under a gazebo, and inside the car if the weather is bad. Muste remember to take my hi-viz water proofs with me....

....saying all that, does anyone know what the state of the landing zone/show ring is in? After all the rain last week, don't want the car getting bogged down in mud.

G

was looking at it tonight but only from a sligh distance, when the bairns were at the sideshows. It looked green around it but i would imagine it will be very soft with the amount of rain we've had lately

hmm - will take some scaffold planks to place under the front wheels of the car then so I can get a bit of grip to get out....

i could grab you some branches on the way down if you wish!!!

If it wet I'd probebly prefer a nice hot mug of tea to some branches.....

...but then again I could start the bonfire a week early and boil a kettle on it?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast