Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Jump the Q

Default Jump the Q

Perhaps some-one here can confirm the news that Gerry Toal of Jump the Q has died. Never a friend of mine, he was a damn fine picker!

Quote Originally Posted by Gleber2 View Post
    Perhaps some-one here can confirm the news that Gerry Toal of Jump the Q has died. Never a friend of mine, he was a damn fine picker!
    Have you no respect? What is it to you?
    Asinus asinum fricat

Default Get a grip

Quote Originally Posted by DOC ROCK View Post
    It seems that once again its disengage brain and engage old feuds and rivalries, its a simple request for information with regards to a fellow musician, like Gleber2 I didn't care much for his demeanor, but was totally knocked out by his play, and hardly missed a gig by him/them, so if you don't know the answer, climb back under your rock

And can somebody answer the question please
    Oedipus was the first man to plug the generation gap

What is it you you figa ma spool.
    Asinus asinum fricat

Childish and petulant.
    I believe people have heard a rumour and were merely asking for clarification.
    Pictures of you, litter my floorboards.

Default Must we?

Answer the question skin basher or is the question to difficult
    Oedipus was the first man to plug the generation gap

Do you need to be so crass?

Quote Originally Posted by Gleber2 View Post
    I have had the rumour confirmed. I had a great respect for Gerry's technical ability and I am saddened by his passing as I would be for any musician( with a few exceptions) who have entertained so many people in this area.
    I hope he's gone to a better place.
    R.I.P. Gerry.

What a hypocrite. As I recall you never had a good word to say about the man. At the same time Gerry had no respect for you, and thought you were a complete fraud. So why on earth you are so interested in him now is beyond me. He would turn in his grave if he knew that you were busy publishing your thoughts of him.
    Yes he was a fantastic player with great tone and sometimes over the top banter, but that's what made Gerry who he was. Some of my colleagues and I had the privilege of playing some memorable gigs with Gerry all over the country for a period of time.
    I am not looking for any conflict over this sad news, but stating it as it is.

REST IN PEACE BIG GERRY.

By the way I truly hope that I am one of your exceptions Gleeber 2
    Asinus asinum fricat

By the way I truly hope that I am one of your exceptions Gleeber 2
    Probably the only one.

I remember the blinding version of the Bebop Deluxe number Maid in Heaven he did one mad friday. I only ever spoke to the man for 10 minutes but found him a personable gent who was really into guitar players. We spoke about our mutual affininity for the techniques of both Bill Nelson and Mick Ronson. Sad to hear of his passing.

Default Gerry Toal "Jump the Queue"

Gerry died suddenly on Mon 13th of July at his home in Dundee age 49.

I attended his funeral on Wed 22nd in Dundee, as did many of his fellow musicians and fans.

Love him or hate him as a person, he was one of the finest guitar players in Scotland, and he will be missed.