Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: taking my bush with me!

Default taking my bush with me!

i have a rather large fushia bush in my garden approx 6ft tall by 7ft wide...........but i want to take it to our newly built house!
    seriously is this likely to be even possible and survive or am i mad to even try?

Default Fushia

Quote Originally Posted by annemarie482 View Post
    i have a rather large fushia bush in my garden approx 6ft tall by 7ft wide...........but i want to take it to our newly built house!
    seriously is this likely to be even possible and survive or am i mad to even try?
    Anything is possible if you have the strengh and determination. this site seems to have lots of usefull tips on Fushia's.

Good Luck.

Fuchsias - Gardening - Style - AllExperts.com
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Definately - fushias are good survivors, dig deep to try and get as much rootball as possible and plant as soon as, keep watered as much as possible. It will die off but should come back ok, I did this not that long ago in my garden albeit the bush still is not as big but given some time I am sure it will be ok.. oh and cut if back by at least half when you move..

Good Luck.. take some cuttings just in case! They grow nice and quick.

Default fushia

We have moved fushias to our house which was a new build from various sources....begged borrowed and removed by dubious means, and they all survived and we made no attempts to move at cetain time of years etc just replanted and watered in and they have flourished. They look dead for a few months but come back fine!

cheers folks! it'll take blood sweat and tears but at least i know it will be worth it! i'ts taken six years to get this size from a stick so i'd have hated to start again!