Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Bands Wanted For Charity Gig At The Dammies

Default Bands Wanted For Charity Gig At The Dammies

Thurso Town Improvements are intending to hold an outdoor live music gig at the Dammies in Thurso on Sunday August 13th from 2pm in the afternoon

We are trying to get as many bands as possible of all types of music to come along and volunteer their services

The gig will be free access to the public but there will be collections, stalls, raffles etc to raise money which will be split equally between Caithness General Hospital and Thurso Town Improvements

Any bands of any type, age etc should contact us on email TownImprovement@Thurso.Org

Although we are looking for the bands to play for nothing, it may be a great opportunity to showcase yourselves and build up your reputations in the area as there will be a bit of media coverage whilst also helping local worthwhile causes

were is the dammies i haven't heard of that place ?

Default Dammies

The football park at the end of Sir Archilbald Road is known as the Dammies

Were is sir archilbald road iam not sure of the streets in thurso ?

Quote Originally Posted by ice box
    Were is sir archilbald road iam not sure of the streets in thurso ?
    You needing a map??

Yes iam no use with street names in thurso lol.

Yes iam no use with street names in thurso lol.
    http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.c...o+Area&cat=ind

Have a scroll through here.

Thanks for that now i know were i am lol. Its the park beside the river hope they get a good respons .

Thanks for that now i know were i am lol. Its the park beside the river hope they get a good respons .
    Called the Dammies because it was reclaimed from the river mouth.
    In the image of God? You must be joking!

Quote Originally Posted by Gogglebox
    Thurso Town Improvements are intending to hold an outdoor live music gig at the Dammies in Thurso on Sunday August 13th from 2pm in the afternoon

We are trying to get as many bands as possible of all types of music to come along and volunteer their services

The gig will be free access to the public but there will be collections, stalls, raffles etc to raise money which will be split equally between Caithness General Hospital and Thurso Town Improvements

Any bands of any type, age etc should contact us on email TownImprovement@Thurso.Org

Although we are looking for the bands to play for nothing, it may be a great opportunity to showcase yourselves and build up your reputations in the area as there will be a bit of media coverage whilst also helping local worthwhile causes

Thanks very much for the response so far, we've had a good few offers and its really got things going

If anyone else wants to join in or if any of you know of anyone who might be interested send us some details and we will get back in touch

Default kl kl

have you had many more replys do u think it will go ahead lek?

Quote Originally Posted by smith2585
    have you had many more replys do u think it will go ahead lek?
    To be honest we have around 12-15 bands confirmed or needing to check with others to confirm so its looking like quite a big day now

Now need to sort out the logistics of excatly how to do it and get the nitty gritty like toilets, power, etc and obviously and most importantly - how big a beer tent

If i was a betting man id certainly be putting my money on it happening and hopefully within the week we will be able to confirm this for sure

THanks again for all the offers and if any other bands or any types of musical artists whatever genre want to continue to contact us we will be happy to add to our growing list

It has the makings of a great day out

what bands will be there ??

We'll be keeping that under wraps for a wee while until we have all the details firmed up but will put something on here when we are all organisecd

Still looking for bands if anybody wants to offer

We want diverse styles so if anyone is interested email me directly on TownImprovements@Thurso.Org

Cheers

Default Thanks

Thanks to all the bands that have got in touch, we really appreciate it as we have had offers from about 20 bands, truly magnificent response

We are now trawling through the lists of bands and trying to put togther a suitable line up

We will be in touch soon with you all with further details

But for now we need no more bands

Thanks again for the response