Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Anyone missing a jack russel

Default Anyone missing a jack russel

Hi,
    Is anyone missing a jack russel or know of anyone missing one in Halkirk, we had one wonder up to our garage sale today, it has no collar but is very friendly and well trained. Adorable little thing! We have taken it to the thurso police station.

hi beth....why do u not go to the spar shop..and leave a message plus a notice about the wee soul.someone must be frantic with worry if their dog is lost.i know i would be..i wish to god folk would put collars and addresses on the dog.hopefully he might be chipped.look forward to a happy outcome...i personally would not have given him to the police,but held on to him for a few hours...just in case his owner turned up in halkirk,..
    good on u for caring though...

I am sure the owners will be worried sick and will be glad to get the wee soul back. It probably has skipped out unoticed and gone off for a wander...it's easy done. Keep us posted if you can.

Default lost jack russel

I have contacted the spar shop to let them know, I used to work there so know it's the first place people usually go in Halkirk if a dog/pet goes missing. We kept it for a good few hours until we took it to the police station. It was adorable, looked like our dogs twin but smaller!!

well done ,beth..great minds think alike...I know u worked in the shop before.u did the right thing...hopefully he will soon be back home!!!
    hope ur garage sale went well too.

Default jack russel

I would have kept it if nobody came forward as I fell in live straight away - absolutely adoreable and so friendly. but husband says no!!
    Garage sale went really well thanks, still got loads left, will ebay some, charity shop some and try the big things locally. Can't but try!

Default missing jack russell

just to let you know that Kip is safely back home with his very happy owner! He looked very sorry for himself when he was collected from the police station, didn't think he would be running off again in a hurry, but no sooner back in Halkirk and he was trying to escape again!!! I told my boyfriend he has to put a collar on him, he's much too adoreable to lose!!! Thanks again Beth, we were very grateful for what you did!

Such happy news for you.....I am sure Kip will recover from his adventure....

Default jack russel

Delighted! I was worried all night about him!

Really happy to hear this news....but PLEASE escape proof ur property...and put a collar and name tag on Kip.Beth was very concerned as was I.Give him a hug from me...bless him.

Quote Originally Posted by BINBOB View Post
    Really happy to hear this news....but PLEASE escape proof ur property...and put a collar and name tag on Kip.Beth was very concerned as was I.Give him a hug from me...bless him.

with a jack russell good luck in "escape proofing your property"
    “A lot of good arguments are spoiled by some fool who knows what he is talking about.”

Quote Originally Posted by buggyracer View Post
    with a jack russell good luck in "escape proofing your property"
    All I can say is that in over 30 years of dog ownership...had crossbreeds,cocker spaniels and now have 1 basset............NONE have ever escaped from my properties.It really is possible to escape proof to keep ANY dog in,if u really need/want to.

It takes caution and discipline to achieve this.

Default Missing Jack Russell

you are so right buggyracer! if they want out, they get out, especially when they are quite small yet! We have baracaded up the gaps, but I'm not holding my breath! That's also one downside of wearing a collar, when they are into their escapism, they can get caught by the collar, which can be worse in the long run!!

Glad he's safe and sound.

JR's are little houdinis If they cant get under, they go over or through. We have an 8 foot ranch style fence with rabbit netting on the bottom bit buried into the ground so she cant dig under
    Avoid biting when a simple growl will do

Quote Originally Posted by carasmam View Post
    Glad he's safe and sound.

JR's are little houdinis If they cant get under, they go over or through. We have an 8 foot ranch style fence with rabbit netting on the bottom bit buried into the ground so she cant dig under
    That is the way to do it!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BINBOB View Post
    All I can say is that in over 30 years of dog ownership...had crossbreeds,cocker spaniels and now have 1 basset............NONE have ever escaped from my properties.It really is possible to escape proof to keep ANY dog in,if u really need/want to.

It takes caution and discipline to achieve this.
    come back to me when you have had a jack russell

i spent a small fortune putting up fencing etc and they still find a way out, it may take weeks or months but they will eventually work it out

when i put my dogs into the kennels up here, i was told they were the first and only dogs to manage to escape from there kennel they only went as far as the food .
    “A lot of good arguments are spoiled by some fool who knows what he is talking about.”

Quote Originally Posted by buggyracer View Post
    come back to me when you have had a jack russell

i spent a small fortune putting up fencing etc and they still find a way out, it may take weeks or months but they will eventually work it out

when i put my dogs into the kennels up here, i was told they were the first and only dogs to manage to escape from there kennel they only went as far as the food .
    I will not be ever haing a JR ...lovely wee dogs ,but I am a spaniel /basset lover.A bit worrying that they can escape...once had a friend with a JR puppy.he disappeared one sunday afternoon..............no where could he be found.Knock on door,neighbour says ur puppy is on ur ROOF.He had climbed out of a bedroom window and somehow managed to get on the roof.

he was safely rescued...he is now 15 years old and less able to escape.