Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Race for Life

Smile Race for Life

The staff at the Accident and Emergency and Outpatient departments in the Caithness General hospital are taking part in this years Race for Life.
    It is a charity three mile run for cancer research. It takes place on May the 7th in Inverness. We are all training very hard as many of us have rarely broke walking pace before now!!
    We hope to raise money for this very worthwhile charity as most of us know someone who has been affected by this disease.

We have a number of fund raising events in the pipeline.
    Prize Bingo at the Francis St Club on 4th April at 8pm, all prizes generously donated by local proprietors.
    Baking and Bottle stall in the hospital canteen on 21st April at 10am
    Easter Raffle being drawn on Easter weekend. Tickets are available from the hospital reception...loads of great prizes.

Ways you can help

Sponsor us via www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/sheenamacleod
    Sponsor us via sponsor forms located at the hospital reception
    Fill our tins during the three legged pub crawl on April 22!!
    Come along or donate to our fund raising events. All donations gratefully received...just hand in to the reception in Accident and Emergency or Outpatients.
    Many thanks for joining us in funding research into cancer.

All of us in A&E and OPD x

Wow Evelyn, you and your colleagues are going to be busy, good for you! As you say, everyone knows someone affected by this disease.
    I'm taking part in the Race for Life as well, so see you there!
    cheers,
    Ann

krieve Guest

Good for you Evelyn all the best and you as well Ann.

Thanks Ann and Krieve
    The fundraising is the easy bit!!! Its the running that I'm not so sure about!!
    I'm gently building on my cardiovascular exercise though. Hope to start running in earnest soon!!
    evelyn
    Last edited by evelyn; 22-Mar-06 at 23:34. Reason: wanted to thank krieve

I'll be walking!

Red face

So might I if I dinna get ma trainers oot soon!!!
    evelyn

Quote Originally Posted by evelyn
    So might I if I dinna get ma trainers oot soon!!!
    evelyn
    don't worry its the taking part and raising the money that count good luck girls

Good luck to all the staff from the Accident and Emergency and Outpatient Department..

Good luck everyone. Hope you raise a lot of money for an excellent charity.
    To stay young live honestly, eat slowly and lie about your age.

Thumbs up

Thanks for all the support folks. New trainers arrived today so no better bet than to get started.
    Give us a wave if you see any of us oot and aboot training.....better still chuck us a pound or two!!
    Cheers
    evelyn

Good luck girls! Amy I hope to see you at the front speeding along hahahaha
    Well done for raising money for such a great cause!!

Wink

Yes indeed teritoots...she will indeed be at the front whilst the rest of us straggle on at the rear.....her training schedule is putting the rest of us to shame!
    evelyn

My girls are doing it too.
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by katarina
    My girls are doing it too.
    Good luck to them too .

Thumbs up

Good luck to your girls Katarina...hows the training and the fundraising going?evelyn

Smile Prizes Still Needed

We're still trying to obtain more prizes for our bingo and bottle stall.
    If anyone would like to donate a prize please see contact details above. We've gotten some lovely prizes so far and it should be a good bingo night. Many thanks to everyone who has helped.

Thumbs up

We are absolutely overwhelmed by the support we have had for our charity run.
    Individual sponsors, family, friends, colleagues and local businesses have been so generous that we have surpassed our original target and are well on the way to doing the same with our adjusted target.
    Thanks to everyone who has been helping us to meet our goal either through sponsorship or donations.
    You have been fantastic.
    Lets make a difference and help more folk survive cancer.
    evelyn

PS come along and join in the fun at our prize Bingo on Tuesday 8pm in the Francis Street club.

Smile

What a night.....we raised over £1500 tonight at our bingo and bottle stall in the Francis Street Club.
    Thank you so much to the Club staff who were so helpful, the businesses and individuals who donated so generously....quite beyond our expectations...and to everyone who came along to join in the fun and support our fund raising.
    A great night was had by all. We've loads of items left over and hope to have another event soon. We'll keep you posted.
    evelyn

Thumbs up Prize Bingo amount raised £1581

Ev,
    Hi there, the total amount raised this evening at the Prize bingo was a staggering £1581. Well done everyone!
    I didn't get a chance to thank everyone who attended this evening, so thankyou all......... after all, someone you know will benefit in some way from what has been achived tonight.

There is another Prize bingo event organised for the 23rd April in the Francis St Club at 2pm, due to the vast amount of prizes donated by the generous folk in Caithness. We just had too many prizes to give away tonight.

In total the amount our team has raised stands currently at £2256 lets make it much, much more............... sponsor us online @ https://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/sheenamacleod
    Last edited by cheekychops; 05-Apr-06 at 00:15.

Default Slave Auction

Hi all,
    We've had an idea for a slave auction in order to raise more funds towards Cancer Research UK. What are your ideas on this? Anyone interested in taking part?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast