Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: john hartson

Default john hartson

just a quick message to wish john hartson (ex celtic and welsh international)
    all the best following the recent sad news that after a visit to hospital with severe headaches on friday, he was diagnosed with testicular cancer which has spread to his brain and now lungs.
    he has had an operation to relieve pressure on his brian and doctors hope to start chemo soon.

we wish you well john. x

Yes, tough times for the big guy, and I really hope he gets through this. His character suggests he will certainly put up a hell of a fight against it.

I'm a Rangers fan, and believe me John Hartson has given me plenty of footballing heartache over the years, (mind you, that one stupendous goal against Liverpool in the UEFA Cup made up for it all ) but even so, I'd like to wish the big man all the best.

It's quite scary to think that he only went for tests less than a week ago. Therein lies the mortality of man.

They say that testicular cancer can be beaten, and they say that cancer of the brain can be beaten, but general consensus says that when it spreads to a third area it's usually curtains. Good then to see Lance Armstrong, himself a survivor of triple cancer, add his words of support on his twitter page earlier.

It's looking grim for BBJ, but as John Baikie says, he's a fighter. I hope, for his wife and children, that he fights the good fight and wins.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Lightbulb

Aye, hoping for the best outcome for the big man.
    Really impressed that Lance Armstrong should take the time out to do the same!
    He's been there, and there could be no better encouragement!
    Think he's gonna do an eighth win as well...intriguing stuff going on in the TDF!
    Last edited by Aaldtimer; 17-Jul-09 at 04:04. Reason: Spelling...knew that didn't look right!
    "Life is a sexually transmitted disease, with 100% fatality." R.D.Laing

who cares about cycling

I absolutely hated when Hartson was playing for KF FC ,he was such a strong player, he used to bully our players & I didnt care much for him either.

But rivalry is rivalry
    Life is life, life is more important

So get well John , all the best
    Cmey e Scorries

Quote Originally Posted by Metalattakk View Post
    I'm a Rangers fan, and believe me John Hartson has given me plenty of footballing heartache over the years, (mind you, that one stupendous goal against Liverpool in the UEFA Cup made up for it all ) but even so, I'd like to wish the big man all the best.

It's quite scary to think that he only went for tests less than a week ago. Therein lies the mortality of man.

They say that testicular cancer can be beaten, and they say that cancer of the brain can be beaten, but general consensus says that when it spreads to a third area it's usually curtains. Good then to see Lance Armstrong, himself a survivor of triple cancer, add his words of support on his twitter page earlier.

It's looking grim for BBJ, but as John Baikie says, he's a fighter. I hope, for his wife and children, that he fights the good fight and wins.
    Well said I to am a rangers fan and wish him better soon
    What doesn't kill you, will make you stronger.....

Quote Originally Posted by annemarie482 View Post
    just a quick message to wish john hartson (ex celtic and welsh international)
    all the best following the recent sad news that after a visit to hospital with severe headaches on friday, he was diagnosed with testicular cancer which has spread to his brain and now lungs.
    he has had an operation to relieve pressure on his brian and doctors hope to start chemo soon.

we wish you well john. x
    And he will read these best wishes............do not think so.If u really want to send him good wishes,why not send him a personal card.??Ialso do hope he will get better ...but had never heard of him until recently.poor chap.

Default Best wishes

No its unlikly he will read messages but its to let fans of all teams to come together and show their suppoert for the big guy,and surely that is a good thing

This post will also highlight to all the plight of those who unfortunatley have to face these life shattering events on a daily basis.

It also may make some people more aware of their own bodies and if they feel there may be something wrong it may encourage them to seek advice.

I do hope so.

i hope he's going to be ok but not looking good

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.ROY'S DEATH BLADE RUNNER 1982