Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Swine flu

Quote Originally Posted by tonkatojo View Post
    It was the girl's manager, It was not a doctor that said it or you would be correct,but it was on her doctors say so that she aint at work for the said reason.
    if I were the girl in question I would be making a serious complaint about my manager breaking confidentiality and telling people what was wrong with her

I feel I must apologise, a bit red faced I am.

The girl in question along with her manageress have had a bit of the verbal skitters, I blame myself for believing women. False Alarm !!!.

I hope you are pleased with yourself. This is why you shouldn't post gossip on the org. It can upset folk and nine times out of ten its a load of crap.

Well done you for not letting the truth spoil a good story in your quest to be the first with the gossip.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
    if I were the girl in question I would be making a serious complaint about my manager breaking confidentiality and telling people what was wrong with her
    If you knew the place in question you would not be saying that, it is like a junior school playground, the way all of them tittle tattle and bitch to one an other.

Quote Originally Posted by redeyedtreefrog View Post
    Thought they weren't doing lab tests now? Too many cases or something? On the bright side, one third of us, the most vulnerable, will be vaccinated by Xmas and the rest by this time next year!
    The 'bright side'?? This vaccine has no safety history, in fact no history at all since it is brand new. In the late 70's there was an outbreak of swine flu in the states and the vaccine killed a lot more people than the swine flu did, not to mention the many other serious side effects. I think they ended up paying out massive amounts of compensation.

No way would I have the vaccine and certainly wouldn't let my children have it.

It is worrying that they think there is a possibility of Swine Flu becoming a serious illness, but I remember the headlines screaming out, not so long ago, "Avian Flu to kill 75,000" and "SARS Will Kill Millions" and even "Killer Brisbane Flu to hit Britain" .................... hmmmm, what happened to those ones? So, I'll just wait and see I think.

(I really, really hope I don't have to eat my words though)

Just for the record there has only been one confirmed case of Swine Flu in Caithness and that wasn't in Thurso...

Quote Originally Posted by changilass View Post
    I hope you are pleased with yourself. This is why you shouldn't post gossip on the org. It can upset folk and nine times out of ten its a load of crap.

Well done you for not letting the truth spoil a good story in your quest to be the first with the gossip.
    Well arnt you the self righteous one, it was a genuine mistake as I have all ready apologised, your bitch is not called for is it !.
    Are you accusing me of sensationalising the "swine flu", well you are entirely
    wrong, as for being the first don't you read newspapers or even watch the telly.
    As you are obviously wearing a halo I will leave it.

Quote Originally Posted by Leanne View Post
    Just for the record there has only been one confirmed case of Swine Flu in Caithness and that wasn't in Thurso...
    Just curious as to how you know this? I don't think it's strictly true.

I work in the lab. We have only had one confirmed case out of all the swabs taken. Diagnosis as of last week is based on clinical symptoms and done by the GP - all flu-like symptoms are likely to be diagnosed as swine flu, whether they are or aren't...

Toodiemac - do you attack everyone? You seem very confrontational... What makes you qualified to comment?

Oh just to correct you - the vaccine has yet to be released. Treatment is with Tamiflu which is an anti-viral. Before you start correcting people please make sure your facts are right

I work in the lab. We have only had one confirmed case out of all the swabs taken. Diagnosis as of last week is based on clinical symptoms and done by the GP - all flu-like symptoms are likely to be diagnosed as swine flu, whether they are or aren't...

Toodiemac - do you attack everyone? You seem very confrontational... What makes you qualified to comment?

Oh just to correct you - the vaccine has yet to be released. Treatment is with Tamiflu which is an anti-viral. Before you start correcting people please make sure your facts are right
    Eh? I haven't (and nor would I) attack anyone, neither was I being confrontational. Why are you bringing up Tamiflu? I was replying to a post about the forthcoming vaccine, a post in which Tamiflu wasn't even mentioned - so what exactly are you 'correcting' me for?

Fair enough, with you working in the lab you should know more than me about confirmed cases, so we will just have to agree to disagree on this one, as I'm not prepared to say any more on that.

I must say though, I am a wee bit surprised that NHS Highland have refused to say where in the whole area the confirmed cases are, despite media efforts to find out, and yet if they had only looked on the .Org then all would have been revealed Aren't you supposed to keep it strictly confidential?

[quote=toodiemac;573896]I must say though, I am a wee bit surprised that NHS Highland have refused to say where in the whole area the confirmed cases are, despite media efforts to find out, and yet if they had only looked on the .Org then all would have been revealed

Rumour has been revealed on here which is inappropriate and scare mongering. Weren't you the one to say not to believe anything in the media? Internet is far worse...

Quote Originally Posted by toodiemac View Post
    Aren't you supposed to keep it strictly confidential?
    Me? Aren't you the one who is spreading it all over the internet who has it?

[QUOTE=Leanne;573903]
    I must say though, I am a wee bit surprised that NHS Highland have refused to say where in the whole area the confirmed cases are, despite media efforts to find out, and yet if they had only looked on the .Org then all would have been revealed

Rumour has been revealed on here which is inappropriate and scare mongering. Weren't you the one to say not to believe anything in the media? Internet is far worse...

Oh my, you are quite fierce Leanne!

Yip, rumours have been flying around ever since the swine flu broke, even on the .Org, and despite this NHS Highland still refuse to say where confirmed cases are. I'm not spreading it 'all over the internet' LOL, I simply asked how you knew for sure about the confirmed case and said that I believed something other - AND I did say that you would most probably know more than me since you work in the Lab.

I have no link whatsoever with the NHS so by why would I be bound by it's confidentiality rules? I simply said that as you are employed in the Lab I would have thought (though I may be quite wrong and if I am, then I hold my hands up) that you would be bound by confidentiality rules. No matter what rumours are flying about, I just thought that if NHS Highland as a whole refused to comment on where the confirmed case(s) is/are, then individual employees probably shouldn't comment either.

Oh, and not everybody is scared of swine flu.

[QUOTE=Leanne;573903]
    I must say though, I am a wee bit surprised that NHS Highland have refused to say where in the whole area the confirmed cases are, despite media efforts to find out, and yet if they had only looked on the .Org then all would have been revealed

As it was me who posted the original "scare" , and have duly apologised lets not get this out of hand with personal attacks with one an other. It was a genuine mistake, perhaps if the authorities were not so cloak and dagger up here rumours would not be required to extract info from shall we say "lab workers".

Default swine flu

I heard that a family in Wick is confined to house after returning from Galsgow with suspected swine flu. Dont know how true it is though.

[quote=toodiemac;573917]
    I simply said that as you are employed in the Lab I would have thought that you would be bound by confidentiality rules. No matter what rumours are flying about, I just thought that if NHS Highland as a whole refused to comment on where the confirmed case(s) is/are, then individual employees probably shouldn't comment either.
    I didn't lol

Rumours have been flying about ever since swine flu started. I don't imagine for one second that it won't reach / hasn't reached Caithness - it's everywhere else. Lets just hope that for those who do have it, it passes quickly and mildly as it has done for the vast majority of others.

Lets also remember that the ordinary flu is much more likely to result in complications and we don't all worry about that. Every time you are thinking about or talking about swine flu, just drop the 'swine' part and remember that there has been far too much scaremongering in the media.

I know some 'experts' are predicting that it MAY come back this winter in a much more serious form, just as they predicted 75,000 deaths from Avian Flu (and all the rest). Let's just hope it doesn't happen, and if it does, deal with it then.

With regard to Swine Flu if anyone has any worries and concerns they should contact their GP who can talk over any concerns and worries they may have confidentialy.

[QUOTE=Leanne;573929]

I didn't lol
    You didn't what? Confirm that there is swine flu in Caithness? I think that perhaps you did actually. A finger-wagging waiting you at work tomorrow methinks

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Bucket View Post
    I heard that a family in Wick is confined to house after returning from Galsgow with suspected swine flu. Dont know how true it is though.
    no! no! that was wine flu

lol ,rofl , org at its best this thread should be on the general section of the org thread not here all rumour then and a lot of backstabbing
    Its nice to be nice

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast