Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Swine flu

If it is in thurso, its in thurso. All we can do is try and slow it down.
    Electronics, Sales, Spares & Repairs * TV * AUDIO * PC & LAPTOP * GAMES CONSOLES * IN CAR ENTERTAINMENT * DOMESTIC APPLIANCES * WEEE DISPOSAL *www.facebook.com/Vistravi.Tech * www.vistravi.com *

A simple way to protect yourself from the dreaded flu....of any kind, tummy bugs, colds etc is.

Equal quantities of Rosemary, Thyme, Sage and Lavender placed in a jar and filled to the top with Organic Cider Apple Vinegar. Leave for 6 weeks in a cool place and strain into another container.
    A spoonful added to your bath gives you all over protection and you can also spray your hands. Use as a general disinfectant to clean surfaces etc.
    All ingredients can be bought easily and your 4 Thieves vinegar will be ready before flu season strikes................The mixture contains natural anti bacterial and anti viral herbs in the vinegar......You can also add the herbs to a bottle of red wine, again leaving it for 6 weeks and take a teaspoon every day.

It doesnt matter where you go now somebody will have had some contact with swine flu.
    Think about all the tourists you have up there that have come up from down south.

I was a wee bit nervous about going to the south of Glasgow because its rive down there.To my knowledge I didnt come into contact with anyone but when I went down to Saltcoats to visit my brother he informed me a few days later that a collegue was off with it.
    Unfortunatly she'd been to Mexico, been back two weeks and then picked it up.Her doctor is adamant she picked up the virus here as it cant lie dormant for two weeks.

Talk about bad luck
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

Quote Originally Posted by teenybash View Post
    A simple way to protect yourself from the dreaded flu....of any kind, tummy bugs, colds etc is.

Equal quantities of Rosemary, Thyme, Sage and Lavender placed in a jar and filled to the top with Organic Cider Apple Vinegar. Leave for 6 weeks in a cool place and strain into another container.
    A spoonful added to your bath gives you all over protection and you can also spray your hands. Use as a general disinfectant to clean surfaces etc.
    All ingredients can be bought easily and your 4 Thieves vinegar will be ready before flu season strikes................The mixture contains natural anti bacterial and anti viral herbs in the vinegar......You can also add the herbs to a bottle of red wine, again leaving it for 6 weeks and take a teaspoon every day.
    You should tell the NHS and government perhaps the pharmacuticle company's
    I'm sure they would be grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    By the way who was your reliable source? Unless it was a doctor who tested her then they are not and if it was then they are breaking confidentially (which tbh I know certain doctors here who have in the past but that is not for this thread).
    It was the girl's manager, It was not a doctor that said it or you would be correct,but it was on her doctors say so that she aint at work for the said reason.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjolly View Post
    so what? chill. if you worry you die you die anyway so why worry
    You have a good if not strange philosophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice in Blunderland View Post
    Is it not around four days before symptoms start to show ?
    What your calculation does not take into account is the time she spent there at the festival and the time in Glasgow prior.

Quote Originally Posted by joxville View Post
    T In The Park only finished two days ago so I think it's a bit early to be definite about the person's condition. The usual rumourmill at work.
    Yeah yeah, in your typical fashion,if it doesn't come from you it don't count.

Is it not around four days before symptoms start to show ?
    She could have been incubating ..before she went there!

The same thing happened at rockness. Folk came back with flu like symtoms. A girl i know was at rockness came home with mostly same symptoms, was tested for swine flu and told by doc until results came back, in 3 days time to stay indoors and not to go to work.

gladly the results came back fine and was just a bug.
    What doesn't kill you, will make you stronger.....

Quote Originally Posted by tonkatojo View Post
    You should tell the NHS and government perhaps the pharmacuticle company's
    I'm sure they would be grateful.
    I am sure they already know but, the pharmacutical companies wouldn't make any mega bucks.....................

Thanks for the tip Teenybash.

Is it okay if the ingredients are dried and is it a tbspn you add to a bath?

I have quite a few illnesses so don't want flu again!
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

Just wondering if anyone knows,

I am a diabetic and am wondering if someone can tell me if swine flu affects this more serious than a "normal" person?

Would it not make more sense to ask your doctor questions if you are worried rather than come on here and get all sorts of conflicting and possibly worrying advice.

Your doctor will have trained for years, folks on here are giving advice that may suit them but not you and that is bliddy dangerous.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by changilass View Post
    Would it not make more sense to ask your doctor questions if you are worried rather than come on here and get all sorts of conflicting and possibly worrying advice.

Your doctor will have trained for years, folks on here are giving advice that may suit them but not you and that is bliddy dangerous.

Lol yeah fair dos

Was just wondering like

Quote Originally Posted by tonkatojo View Post
    What your calculation does not take into account is the time she spent there at the festival and the time in Glasgow prior.
    True.

GPs will be erring on caution I would think as venues such as T in the park Belladrum and so on where a large amount of people from all over gathering will be a breeding ground for germs.A friend of mine recently in Glasgow at something came back with a sore throat and cold and was also put off work for a week as a precaution. She had a cold but it was better to be careful.
    The NHS have a web site full of advice for those concerned about swine flu.

http://www.nhshighland.scot.nhs.uk/Pages/welcome.aspx

There are various links in the section regarding swine flu that you can follow for more advice.

olin, as for your question about being diabetic... ive looked this up as well since im diabetic.. and even though most people only have very mild symptoms but any one with an underlying medical condition like diabetes in fact it was specifically mentioned in the news, should contact their Gp by phone at the sign of any symptoms.
    http://itqueries.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    Thanks for the tip Teenybash.

Is it okay if the ingredients are dried and is it a tbspn you add to a bath?

I have quite a few illnesses so don't want flu again!
    Dried or fresh will do...........using dried herbs you would put a tblspn of each into the cider apple vinegar. Once strained a couple of tspns into bath water. You can add mint leaves to the 4 thieves if you want a really fresh aroma......It really works as [ touch wood] seldom have a cold...can't remember the last one and flu I haven't had for over 20 years...

Tests for swine flu do not come back that quickly I thought.
    Thought they weren't doing lab tests now? Too many cases or something? On the bright side, one third of us, the most vulnerable, will be vaccinated by Xmas and the rest by this time next year!

Dried or fresh will do...........using dried herbs you would put a tblspn of each into the cider apple vinegar. Once strained a couple of tspns into bath water. You can add mint leaves to the 4 thieves if you want a really fresh aroma......It really works as [ touch wood] seldom have a cold...can't remember the last one and flu I haven't had for over 20 years...
    Thanks a lot Teenybash. I will give it a go.
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast