Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Swine flu

Quote Originally Posted by Fran View Post
    A very good site which I was told about and i highly recommend is alerts@nhschoices.info It is NHS choices-swine flu updates.
    It answers all questions you could have.
    It states people living with those with impaired immune system, e g those receiving cancer trratment, will get the priority swine flu jab as will most carers.
    Most alarming is an update i have just received which states there have been 53,000 NEW cases of swine flu in the past week, up from 27,000 the week before.

www.nhschoices-swinefluupdates www.direct.gov.uk/swineflu I can't get the actual site on here, but will keep trying.

It also states you would need to be very near to someone for over 30 minutes and coughing and sneezing towards their face, to infect them.You wouldnt know that person has swine flu and that person wouldnt know they had it either.
    FRAN that advert on the telly shows someone sneezing in an elevator/lift and another onto a banister, these state that the bacteria can live for up to 30 mins. and these are NHS adverts.

Quote Originally Posted by Moi x View Post
    I started a new thread with this post so that it didn't get lost amongst several subthreads that were already running in this thread.

The facts about swine flu treatment in this country are already known in principle, but I wanted to hear anecdotal evidence of Caithness swine flu sufferers' experiences and perceptions of their diagnosis and treatment in order to compare them with what's been going on in remote areas of Central America this year. I am flying back out tomorrow and therefore it's too late to rectify the situation now. Members have an absolute right to compare my posts with frivolous polls concerning watering cans and guardian angels but next time I'll choose a different forum to ask serious questions.

Moi x
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaldtimer View Post
    As is your right Moi x, but just consider that few serious responses to your enquiry might be down to the fact that Swine Flu has not had any significant impact up here. No need for your sniffy attitude!
    It's a long time since I posted the above but I'd like to point out to Aaldtimer and others that I wasn't complaining about him or any other poster. I was just a bit miffed that my thread was combined with a long-running one on a related topic and I apologise to posters for any confusion I caused

Also, I am told Thurso High School was hit hard by swine flu in the last two months, a virus which is affecting the whole world. Curiously, it has apparently become more benign in the remote parts of Mexico, Costa Rica and Guatemala where I've been working recently.

It took me a long time to recover fully but I think I'm there at last. Thanks to those who replied by personal message.

It was a sunny 23C in Miami two days ago, I am freezing to death here in my homeland!

Moi x

Quote Originally Posted by Moi x View Post
    Also, I am told Thurso High School was hit hard by swine flu in the last two months,
    I believe that was Call of Duty, Modern Warfare Flu

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314