Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Dishwasher Help !

Question Dishwasher Help !

Oh dear my dishwasher which is just over a year old has just packed in. It has a little tap symbol in the display panel which from the manual means water supply problem

I have taken the water pipe off and checked the filter and that's about as technical as I can get.

Any words of advice out there or anyone with a little dishwasher knowledge lurking that can shed some light on this one.

Next to my husband and my washing machine this is one of the most important things in my life.

Anyone out there with any knowledge or advice please its a NEFF which I thought would be a good buy.

Alice,fill yer basin with hot water and some detergent and wash them by hand,SHOCK!!!!,oh my golly.
    Their coming to take me away.....haha-hee-hee-ho-ho

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric Farthsbottom III View Post
    Alice,fill yer basin with hot water and some detergent and wash them by hand,SHOCK!!!!,oh my golly.
    Hey I've got five kids am no stuck for dish-washing but I just luuuurrrvvvv my dishwasher. It washes silently with no moaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice in Blunderland View Post
    Hey I've got five kids am no stuck for dish-washing but I just luuuurrrvvvv my dishwasher. It washes silently with no moaning.
    It washes silently with no moaning.Disnae sound like a womans dishwasher to me!!!!
    Their coming to take me away.....haha-hee-hee-ho-ho

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric Farthsbottom III View Post
    It washes silently with no moaning.Disnae sound like a womans dishwasher to me!!!!
    Ahh you must have the wrong make and model of dishwasher.

Alice, try turning off all the power sources - the machine, the wall switch, unplug it if you can reach the plug. Leave it 5 minutes and then start again. Beyond that I have no idea. Good luck.

Thanks Canuck its determined to stay knackered so I am going to call in the proffessionals.

Default Water supply

It sounds like a water supply problem and you have done the obvious and cleaned the filter.

I did the same once with the washing machine and found that I had kinked the pipe while pushing the machine back in.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Buy paper plates and disposable cups it'll save the grief until you get it fixed or replaced.

I could live without the dishwasher but not my washing machine.
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice in Blunderland View Post
    Oh dear my dishwasher which is just over a year old has just packed in. It has a little tap symbol in the display panel which from the manual means water supply problem

I have taken the water pipe off and checked the filter and that's about as technical as I can get.

Any words of advice out there or anyone with a little dishwasher knowledge lurking that can shed some light on this one.

Next to my husband and my washing machine this is one of the most important things in my life.

Anyone out there with any knowledge or advice please its a NEFF which I thought would be a good buy.
    If its like a washing machine then it could be the soleniod which is faulty.This is basically a switch allowing the water to flow when on. If this is stuck you will have no water entering the machine-relatively cheap and easy to repair. Its located at the hose inlet of the dishwasher.