Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Harry Potter

Default Harry Potter

Anyone else got themselves booked in for the first showing of Harry Potter tomorrow?
    I've got the 4 of us booked and cannot wait - soooooooo excited.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

I am defo going to see it cant wait !!

I went to see the film tonight have been waiting with great expectations but i,m afraid to say it was a big dissapointment. What was advertised as the best yet failed to live up to it. I Read the book and the film does not live up to it, if im not mistaken there is suppose to be a big fight at the end when Dumbaldore gets killed but it all happened in a whimper....Nothing not a wand raised. I sat for over 2 hours waiting for something to happen yet nothing very disappointing.
    Last edited by Michael .Sk; 15-Jul-09 at 22:02.

You sound like my OH. lol.
    Personally I enjoyed it - after a slow start. I'd read the book so I already knew this film was going to be one of the more boring ones for me as I struggled to keep interested through the book.
    This film is more about beginning to explain where Voldemort actually came from, but yes, Dumbledores death was a tad of an anti-climax.
    I'll certainly go back and watch it again though.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Dumbledore gets killed?No,I can't believe it.The myster of all wizards gets his clogs.Naw,I've read the books,JK disnae say nothing about this.Man,see they film directors they take the law into their own hands.
    Their coming to take me away.....haha-hee-hee-ho-ho

Quote Originally Posted by Michael .Sk View Post
    I went to see the film tonight have been waiting with great expectations but i,m afraid to say it was a big dissapointment. What was advertised as the best yet failed to live up to it. I Read the book and the film does not live up to it, if im not mistaken there is suppose to be a big fight at the end when Dumbaldore gets killed but it all happened in a whimper....Nothing not a wand raised. I sat for over 2 hours waiting for something to happen yet nothing very disappointing.
    yes have to agree 2/10 from me

I'm rather dismayed at the comments here. Although the 6th book was, for me, the worst of the bunch, I was hoping that they'd be able to find enough substance from said book to put together a decent film. However, after reading these posts I'm even contemplating not going to see this film, and just wait for the DVD instead

Has anybody got a positive views to make me change my mind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobinovich View Post
    I'm rather dismayed at the comments here. Although the 6th book was, for me, the worst of the bunch, I was hoping that they'd be able to find enough substance from said book to put together a decent film. However, after reading these posts I'm even contemplating not going to see this film, and just wait for the DVD instead

Sorry Bob but not from me,ZZZZZZZ.Harry Potter not my thing,ask Hev tho.
    Don`t bother "repping" me it`s turned off.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobinovich View Post

Nooooooooooooo, go to the piccies to watch it.
    I admit I did find it very different from the others but it's still Harry Potter - c'mon!
    I am actually very tempted to go watch it again.
    The film is still true to the book as far as I remember. Dumbledores death was a tad fiffy but even so..................

Go Watch it! DVD is not the same as the big screen.

Myself and my OH saw this yesterday. We both enjoyed it, the story and acting were as good as ever, but it was very dull in terms of action. It all happens in the last 30 mins.
    It felt like it was leading up to something, I think for the next film.
    Still worth watching, any film is good to see at the cinema, but it was defiantly not as good as some of the previous instalments.
    (\__/)
    ( o.O) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (")_(") your signature, to help him gain World Domination.

albus dumbledore definitely dies in the book with a little help from ******* *****

I really enjoyed the film. Can't wait to the last 2. Even though this one was dull but it gave more of an indepth story of Valdermore's past. Roll on 2010.

I went yesterday and like most of you was disappointed.
    There was only 3 main events that happened in the whole 2 hours.
    I have to say its been the only Harry Potter film thats made me yawn and nearly sleep. Very disappointing..2/10
    Im just glad i went on a tuesday when its only £3.50 rather than paying £7.10 to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael .Sk View Post

Have to agree I'm afraid Best book - worst film - not impressed Excited for months as well, the saddo that I am. Even my nine year old thought the same. Hopefully the next one will be better !!

Helena Bonham Carter and newcomer Dave Legeno as the werewolf were fantastic !!

I was in Dundee when I saw "Harry Potter Half Blood Prince" and I paid £8.25 Each !! A Total of £16.50...........Not the best film and the Ending...........Shudder!!!!.......Why oh why did they not just follow the Book?

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

What a load of tosh - I'm so disappointed . Like the book I found it to be the most tedious of the HP films to date, having very little substance with only a few effects to bolster the lack of anything else.

At one point I did hear someone have a wee snore in the audience - can't blame them really! Mind you someone sobbing at the death of Dumbledore actually bought a smile to my face - mad!