Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: faces of meth

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    There are a few Orgers who promote the use of illicit drugs and substances banned by the government, and say this is ok, well what can i say, are they right?

Just cos the government says something, doesn't mean it's right.

Quote Originally Posted by Connor. View Post
    that is true

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    There are a few Orgers who promote the use of illicit drugs and substances banned by the government, and say this is ok, well what can i say, are they right?
    There are more than a few Orgers who promote the use of alcohol which kills thousands of people daily and damages counless thousands more.
    I could put together a before and after gallery of some of the folks I know who became alcoholic and it would be equally graphic and shocking. The only drug defended by people on this forum is cannabis and it is true to say that all of us would be quick to condemn the use of class A drugs such as methamphetamine, heroin and crack.

Quote Originally Posted by Gleber2 View Post
    There are more than a few Orgers who promote the use of alcohol which kills thousands of people daily and damages counless thousands more.
    I could put together a before and after gallery of some of the folks I know who became alcoholic and it would be equally graphic and shocking. The only drug defended by people on this forum is cannabis and it is true to say that all of us would be quick to condemn the use of class A drugs such as methamphetamine, heroin and crack.
    too true, I've lost family members and good friends to alcohol. The gallery you talk about is grim. Personally I think alcohol is the worst drug.

One is hard pressed to find any deaths for which cannabis is the primary suspect, the same can not be said for substances approved by the government. I think it is madness not to legalize cannabis --we waste resources arresting, prosecuting and imprisoning those who use a substance that is proven to be much less harmful than tobacco, alcohol or some prescription drugs.

The main findings of the following report are: · High use of cannabis is not associated with major health problems for individuals or society.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2002/ma...medicalscience
    Last edited by Margaret M.; 12-Jul-09 at 14:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret M. View Post
    One is hard pressed to find any deaths for which cannabis is the primary suspect, the same can not be said for substances approved by the government. I think it is madness not to legalize cannabis --we waste resources arresting, prosecuting and imprisoning those who use a substance that is proven to be much less harmful than tobacco, alcohol or some prescription drugs.

The main findings of the following report are: · High use of cannabis is not associated with major health problems for individuals or society.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2002/ma...medicalscience
    In all the reports I have read on the subject of cannabis, only one death has been atributed to this substance and even that was speculation without proof.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    too true, I've lost family members and good friends to alcohol. The gallery you talk about is grim. Personally I think alcohol is the worst drug.
    By every yardstick available for comparison, alcohol, the Jeckel and Hyde drug, is one of the most destructive drugs on the market. More people are damaged by alcohol than all other drugs put together except perhaps tobacco. One wonders how many more alcoholics there are than meth addicts. I am not, by any means, advocating the use of class A drugs but it is manifestly true that the most abused social drug is alcohol and its detrimental effects are as bad, if not worse, than any class A subsatance.
    Illegality is not a criteria that should be used when discussing the effects of any substance.

Pretty shocking images but alcohol can be as bad, albeit it may take a bit longer to ravage the body.

Take a look here, for example at Racing Pundit John McCrirrick in glowing health, on the left, and how alcohol will affect him in the future (hopefully soon says one wag), on the right:-

Shockaroony!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gleber2 View Post

Well said there Gleber2.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    Problem is that you can't just stop when you've reached your ideal weight. Not to mention the health problems you aquire....
    You do realise I was joking. Of course you do. Ive just bitten havent I ?

You can also get legal highs from sex shops and head shops and theyre as strong as the real thing. So Ive been told.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazeye View Post
    So Ive been told.
    Those vital 4 words

You can also get legal highs from sex shops and head shops and theyre as strong as the real thing. So Ive been told.
    Anything that effects the mind is the real thing. The legality of a substance, such as alcohol, legal highs etc does not make it less of a drug or less harmful than illegal highs. One of the most used natural highs as opposed to chemical highs, is a plant called salvia sage from Mexico which is stronger, in some ways, than LSD. This plant is readily available in doses which are 5 to 50 time stronger than the natural herb and is being used by a lot of young people because it is legal and easily obtained.

Salvia divinorum is not harmful, unless of course taken in large doses and constant use just like anything else i.e. alcohol and even fizzy drinks.

Although, what about most medicenes nowadays? Even hayfever tablets can make you drowzy and can lead to sleeping. Is that any more wrong?

It's your life, your body, do what you want tbh

Salvia divinorum is not harmful, unless of course taken in large doses and constant use just like anything else i.e. alcohol and even fizzy drinks.

Although, what about most medicenes nowadays? Even hayfever tablets can make you drowzy and can lead to sleeping. Is that any more wrong?

It's your life, your body, do what you want tbh
    Agree with you!! However, I found salvia to be intensley powerful to the point where I would never use it again and I have been a psychedelic dabbler for 40 years. It appears to have a different effect for everyone that takes it, some benign, some not. I find it almost Monty Pythonish that this herb is legal and cannabis is not. Some countries have already banned it and I believe that Nanny State is about to make it unavilable.
    Very difficult to judge long term effects or indeed damage, from a substance that is fairly new to our reality.

its your life your body?
    what about when you kill, harm , endanger and cause other harm to not only yourself but others when taking drugs and alcohol.
    http://itqueries.com/

Well you shouldn't be allowed into a place of public.

I know i'm on a knife edge by saying this but if you don't know the risks of whatever you're doing and you ending up harming/killing yourself then you have no one to blame but yourself.

Many people get damaged, killed or endangered by people who are not on drugs or alcohol.

If everone who went out smoked weed instead of drinking the amount of trouble would decrease dramatically. Fact.

If everone who went out smoked weed instead of drinking the amount of trouble would decrease dramatically. Fact.
    Right on!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast