Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New Rector for WHS

Quote Originally Posted by 2little2late
    Have to disagree with you on this. Sometimes it's the only way to get through to a kid. Kids shout at teachers, kids are cheeky to teachers. If a teacher shows a kid they are not to be messed with then they will think twice about being lippy to the teacher.
    If my kids are ever badly behaved at school I expect them to get punished by the teachers, even if it means shouting at them. Trouble is nowadays, too much political correctness.
    Schools were far more disciplined when the cane and slipper were on the go. Just the thought of it was enough to put me off misbehaving at school.
    Parents are to blame for the way kids behave at school with their attitudes toward discipline themselves. Parents should be setting the example not the school teachers. Teachers are there to teach the kids and oversee any problems the child may have while at school.
    You are so right 2little2late, I'm with you 100% and good luck to the new head master
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

i wish mr traill all the best in his new post as head of whs.
    he was one of my teachers in ths and he was a great teacher.

Giving my age away, I was a pupil at WHS when Messrs Traill, Inkster and Bruce were young teachers and the school was ruled with an iron rod by the late Mr Ross. In those days there was little to choose from between WHS and THS. Both schools had considerable success when it came to turning out pupils who were high achievers in all walks of life from physics to plumbing.

I dare say THS will be sorry to lose Mr Traill and WHS will be glad to get him back. WHS pupils need a strong leader who will set high standards and as a resident of Wick, I wish him all the very best with his new job.
    Bagpuss

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234