Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: New Rector for WHS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default New Rector for WHS

With all the discussions of late on here about Wick High School what are people's views now that Alister Traill has been appointed as the new head. Will he make a diference?

Quote Originally Posted by Venture
    With all the discussions of late on here about Wick High School what are people's views now that Alister Traill has been appointed as the new head. Will he make a diference?

Very much so...Alistar Trail is a fantastic man..i'm delighted he got the position of head teacher...he can only do better than the rest who tried..

Question

Is this the same Mr Traill that teaches/once taught at WHS?

Yes the same Mr Trail. I think he will do well, there is a great deal of difference between the discipline in Thurso and Wick, he is also very aware of the style of dress which should be worn in school.
    Live the Dream, don't dream the life

Thumbs up

Great!! He should do the trick! I was terrified of him when I was at school!!!

Is he currently in Thurso High?

the next question will be who takes his place in Thurso High? Any thoughts/recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by girnigoe
    Great!! He should do the trick! I was terrified of him when I was at school!!!

Is he currently in Thurso High?
    Me too! yes he is currently in Thurso..

I wish Mr Trail all success at Wick, I do hope the parents whose children attend Wick also support him by getting involved in the Parents & Teachers Association, because it was my experience that only a very small minority of parents took an active interest in this valuable group. Look what Thurso PTA have achieved raising money for a new mini bus. A successful school is a team effort from the headteacher, parents ,office staff, pupils, head of departments, teachers, cooks, cleaners ,janitors everybody part of the same school community with the same objectives. Without this feeling of working together to achieve the same goals even with the best head teacher in the world, will not improve a school. I hope a Mr Trail heralds a fresh start for Wick and that everybody works together to make Wick the best school it can be.