Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Rector for WHS

Default New Rector for WHS

With all the discussions of late on here about Wick High School what are people's views now that Alister Traill has been appointed as the new head. Will he make a diference?

Quote Originally Posted by Venture
    With all the discussions of late on here about Wick High School what are people's views now that Alister Traill has been appointed as the new head. Will he make a diference?

Very much so...Alistar Trail is a fantastic man..i'm delighted he got the position of head teacher...he can only do better than the rest who tried..

Question

Is this the same Mr Traill that teaches/once taught at WHS?

Yes the same Mr Trail. I think he will do well, there is a great deal of difference between the discipline in Thurso and Wick, he is also very aware of the style of dress which should be worn in school.
    Live the Dream, don't dream the life

Thumbs up

Great!! He should do the trick! I was terrified of him when I was at school!!!

Is he currently in Thurso High?

the next question will be who takes his place in Thurso High? Any thoughts/recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by girnigoe
    Great!! He should do the trick! I was terrified of him when I was at school!!!

Is he currently in Thurso High?
    Me too! yes he is currently in Thurso..

I think it is good that we have someone local who is well aware of how the public feel about the state of WHS. He is familiar with the school having worked there before and the staff. Hopefully he will bring some of the changes made to improve Thurso High to Wick.

Cool

Atop bloke Mr. Trail,I was a bad boy one day in W.H.S years ago, Mr.Trail tore me to shreds, I was terrified & needless to say ,I was a good boy in his class after that

I'm delighted to hear that Mr Traill has been appointed as rector. He was one of the teachers that everyone respected at THS, and I reakon he'll make a big difference to WHS.

As a parent meeting with mr trail i found him to be a abusive bully . and thinks that he & his staff are the only people with rights at the school
    he willnot let the children give thair side of the story instead he just shouts at them. when i went to complain about this he tryed to do the same with me
    every time i tryed to say something he would just talk over me and not let me speak.however after being told by myself of his ignorance we resolved the matter. however my son was given detention by mr trail the next day for involving me in the dispute (morral of this tale you cant talk to a bully about bullying) it just dosent happen in his school

Wick high school you are welcome to him

And thair is a difference between respect & FEAR

unicorn Guest

If parents backed teachers up for a change everyone would see a difference. Nobody's child is a perfect angel but there are some that take it to extreme's if my child is shouted at in school then she must have done something to deserve it.. it's simple.. I am not going to waste anyone's time going to school to complain about it, If thats the way people feel then these are maybe the children who should be homeschooled by parents who can do such a better job than the teachers. And no I am not a teacher.

I might add that my son was shouted at because he complained about being bullied trail just wont listen to anyone child or adult he himself is a bully

Quote Originally Posted by unicorn
    If parents backed teachers up for a change everyone would see a difference. Nobody's child is a perfect angel but there are some that take it to extreme's if my child is shouted at in school then she must have done something to deserve it.. it's simple.. I am not going to waste anyone's time going to school to complain about it, If thats the way people feel then these are maybe the children who should be homeschooled by parents who can do such a better job than the teachers. And no I am not a teacher.
    Well said Unicorn, what has to be remembered is the 'rights' of all the other pupils whose education gets ruined by the few who want to exercise THEIR rights.....

Quote Originally Posted by unicorn
    Nobody's child is a perfect angel
    Well said unicorn..

I dont agree with that. My son is terrified of him he jumps every time the man shouts.

I must say that when I was at W.H.S, taking geography in Mr Trail's class that I never found him to be hard on myself or the rest of the kids.
    He could discipline someone with a roar but hardly ever resorted to the strap, (to my knowledge), when it was allowed and many other teachers would use it as a matter of course, I know which I prefered and it wasn't the strap.
    Teachers have a hard enough time disciplining schoolkids without parents trying to negate the teachers authority by complaining because their child got a rollicking at school, maybe this gives the kid the idea that they can do whatever they like and they are untouchable because mum or dad will go to the school and sort the teacher out.

A question that needs to be asked is how do the teachers rate him.
    If they are behind him and respect his authority then the kids will notice this and realise there all pulling together.We have a very nice but weak head in our high school everyone no's this and the result is that HMIe have found major faults in leadership and staff moral.
    Parents never complained half as much when i was in school.Even now i dont complain about teaching staff only leadership.
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

Quote Originally Posted by pultneytooner
    Teachers have a hard enough time disciplining schoolkids without parents trying to negate the teachers authority by complaining because their child got a rollicking at school, maybe this gives the kid the idea that they can do whatever they like and they are untouchable because mum or dad will go to the school and sort the teacher out.
    Well said pultneytooner..

As for motopitcrew's comment on Mr Trail being a bully i have'nt heard such tripe..

I for one will be glad to see him in Wick High School..he is respected amoung the teaching staff..

unicorn Guest

If you look at this old thread about school uniform for wick you will find even then motopit crew was against the authority of head teachers no matter who they were.
    http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=4493&page=2

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast