Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "General" section of forum.

I am sort of new to these forums but not new to forums in general.

I have noticed that lot's of "discussions" end up turning into arguements which is fair enough.

What really riles me and I'm not sure if it's what Logan is getting at but the fact that there are some tups who come on here and enter a discussion with the thought they are the complete expert and their opinion/view is the 100% correct version...

Not cool and not wanted tbh!

"I have noticed that lot's of "discussions" end up turning into arguements"

Have to agree with Olin.

I have been visiting the forums for quite some time but never registered until recently as there appeared to be alot of argueing and people waiting to jump down other peoples throats..... It appeared that some people were just looking to find flaws in what other people were saying or looking for someone to disagree with. Just my opinion though...
    I have only recently started posting but rarely post as I don't really want to get myself into any of these arguements
    ....but by posting this I probably am! lol

Quote Originally Posted by pink25 View Post
    "I have noticed that lot's of "discussions" end up turning into arguements"

Have to agree with Olin.

I have been visiting the forums for quite some time but never registered until recently as there appeared to be alot of argueing and people waiting to jump down other peoples throats..... It appeared that some people were just looking to find flaws in what other people were saying or looking for someone to disagree with. Just my opinion though...
    I have only recently started posting but rarely post as I don't really want to get myself into any of these arguements
    ....but by posting this I probably am! lol
    Right thats it!!! You and me Bignold park square go now!!!!

Only joking, know what you mean though but must admit I love a good ding dong,but some do go a bit too far.
    I think its all to do with having a thick skin and not letting it get to you.
    I give as good as I get but dont mean nothing personal.The way I look at it I am Attacking the comment NOT the person.

I always have a LOL to myself at this time of the year on the org.Cos in the holiday months the threads dry up like a wee prune in the heat.Then folk start to slag of the general section,its too argumentative its too trivial.This poster is gone that one is gone.Who cares?

Read the threads ye don't like,reply to the ones ye do.

Simples(meerkat sound effect)
    Their coming to take me away.....haha-hee-hee-ho-ho

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric Farthsbottom III View Post
    I always have a LOL to myself at this time of the year on the org.Cos in the holiday months the threads dry up like a wee prune in the heat.Then folk start to slag of the general section,its too argumentative its too trivial.This poster is gone that one is gone.Who cares?

Read the threads ye don't like,reply to the ones ye do.

Simples(meerkat sound effect)

Sighs - precisely!

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod4 View Post
    Right thats it!!! You and me Bignold park square go now!!!!

Only joking, know what you mean though but must admit I love a good ding dong,but some do go a bit too far.
    I give as good as I get but dont mean nothing personal.The way I look at it I am Attacking the comment NOT the person.
    bignold square naaaaa
    I wouldn't let anything get to me that's written on here as it's not really personal when people don't know who you are....but just silly things I've noticed in threads - people commenting on little things like peoples spelling...
    But maybe its just the way it is and always has been.....

please dont attack my comment LOL

Quote Originally Posted by pink25 View Post
    please dont attack my comment LOL
    Heck never say that - they will find yer achilles heel!

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod4 View Post
    dong,but some do go a bit too far.
    Absolutely. That's the way I see it, and that's the way I try to behave. There are always some precious people who take it personally and respond as if I've literally poked them in the eye with a stick.

I've never personally attacked someone on here, no matter what my various infractions say. It's always the opinion I've had the beef with.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Quote Originally Posted by Metalattakk View Post
    Absolutely. That's the way I see it, and that's the way I try to behave. There are always some precious people who take it personally and respond as if I've literally poked them in the eye with a stick.

I've never personally attacked someone on here, no matter what my various infractions say. It's always the opinion I've had the beef with.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123