Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "General" section of forum.

Hey you lot - it's life - people come, people go! It is sad and there are some good posters lost because they could not handle some folk's pettiness! It does seem you do need a thick skin in here. (Or a brass neck -cough jox cough.) The Org can be a great place with lots of help, advice and fun but you gotta be able to bypass the stuff that just does not appeal to you - again rather like life!

Quote Originally Posted by PantsMAN View Post
    Loganbiffy wasn't complaining; he/she was expressing concern about the impression these hallowed threads can give people living outwith the county.

Given that frequently, threads are gripes about - jet skis, neighbours, stupid folks, Reiss beach, piggin (sic) shooters, - his/her concern is justifiable and understandable.
    Thanks very much PantsMAN.
    You are correct, it was an observation, not a complaint

I kinda figured some people would see it as a complaint though
    Pictures of you, litter my floorboards.

Exclamation

well said wifie, as annex has said there are good old friends more than them who packed it in, others are in touch privately
    as for me i like a quiet life so they can please themselves
    can have plenty problems without coming looking for more on here tony

Quote Originally Posted by wifie View Post
    Hey you lot - it's life - people come, people go! It is sad and there are some good posters lost because they could not handle some folk's pettiness! It does seem you do need a thick skin in here. (Or a brass neck -cough jox cough.) The Org can be a great place with lots of help, advice and fun but you gotta be able to bypass the stuff that just does not appeal to you - again rather like life!
    How right you are wifie; I remember how things were on another forum during a past life. Some great characters and some very misguided and over-eager mod's.

But here we are on the Org; I expect it doesn't really reflect Caithness life but just a certain skewed part of it...

If it was all nicey nicey and no complaining would it not get just a little bit boring. I love a good debate here on the org there are some orgers you know will moan and groan like the always do but most cine with some pretty good point and sometimes even I change my view after reading someone elses views.
    What doesn't kill you, will make you stronger.....

Default It's good to talk.

Quote Originally Posted by telfordstar View Post
    If it was all nicey nicey and no complaining would it not get just a little bit boring. I love a good debate here on the org there are some orgers you know will moan and groan like the always do but most cine with some pretty good point and sometimes even I change my view after reading someone elses views.
    A debate is not the same as serial complaining!

Quote Originally Posted by PantsMAN View Post
    A debate is not the same as serial complaining!

No I guess not but I wouldnt say that serial complaining happens that much.

Quote Originally Posted by telfordstar View Post
    i agree,i admit i come on here to get the gossip an do end up looking for a rant from someone
    where to she go ?

i think the tone has changed a lot here, and I don't come on as often as I used to, because of the bickering. I think the break has been good, and now I'm enjoying the org again. I do try to avoid any threads that are going to cause me to react negatively, because I don't like the way I feel about myself when I get drawn in. But there are heaps that you rarely hear from now, which is a shame.
    She was not quite what you would call refined, she was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot. Mark Twain

Most people who post on forums are opinionated to a certain degree and have got something to say (or nothing better to do).A lot of people who visit forums just lurk and dont post. How many people do you reckon there are who post regularly on the forum compared to the population of caithness, less than 1% ? So 99% of Caithness folk dont moan or whinge. Simple.

PS. Come back Percy and Gene, I miss your little tiffs. Cant help wondering if the two of them met in a bar and started having a craic with each other how theyd get on if they didnt know who each others alter ego was.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazeye View Post
    PS. Come back Percy and Gene, I miss your little tiffs. Cant help wondering if the two of them met in a bar and started having a craic with each other how theyd get on if they didnt know who each others alter ego was.
    Very true they were master debators and could argue with their shadows!!! But in a good way because you always wondered what they would say next-you could read a comment and say "percy/gene aint gonna like that!!!" loved waiting for their reply imagaining steam coming out of their ears!!

Too many people take things way too serious and forget that your username and avatar are but a persona that people adopt when online.

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod4 View Post
    Very true they were master debators and could argue with their shadows!!! But in a good way because you always wondered what they would say next-you could read a comment and say "percy/gene aint gonna like that!!!" loved waiting for their reply imagaining steam coming out of their ears!!

Too many people take things way too serious and forget that your username and avatar are but a persona that people adopt when online.
    i agree with your post ,there are to many people taken things way to serious on these pages
    where to she go ?

It is far less evident on this forum than any other I have seen. From what I see there is a good core of mature posters on here that really shadow any pettiness.

I have to say it is interesting to note that a couple of new members have arrived and their view of the Org is much more positive than that of many longstanding posters - unless of course they are being sarcastic!

Theres to much of "throwing the toys outo the pram" going on on here sometimes which for me all adds to it. I love when they take a strop but thing is we all have an opinion whether some folk lek it or not.

Default New

Quote Originally Posted by wifie View Post
    I have to say it is interesting to note that a couple of new members have arrived and their view of the Org is much more positive than that of many longstanding posters - unless of course they are being sarcastic!
    I also wonder how many new members are new.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

I am new to this forum.....but not new to life!

Quote Originally Posted by joxville View Post
    Percy got banned so that's why we won't hear anymore from him. Trix probably has better things to do since she got engaged recently, I miss her too-she's batty but in a nice way. Torvaig is very nice, I also miss her. No idea why the others have stopped or don't post so much.
    I miss Helen Wyler. She was a delightful person and posted sensible comments. I almost visited her in the San Francisco Bay area where she currently lives when I was traveling up the Pacific Coast a few years ago but couldn't quite make the stop.

Thrumster - next to the best pub in the world "The Old Smiddy Inn"

Interesting comments on here.

There is no doubt that some folk on here can debate in a manner where the content is way more mature than the simple moan. There is a difference.

The subject material for one is a definite indication as to whether it will be a moan or a debate. The people engaging in it (after you've gotten the measure of them - if you ever can of some of them ) will indicate. Lastly, I think most of us know what a moan is on here. Sadly, the moans are a lot more frequent than the debates now. I am sure the tide will turn.

WBG

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast