Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Email help?

Default Email help?

I can't receive email in Outlook Express. Since Saturday, it has been saying "No new messages" but I know that friends have emailed me and I even sent myself a few to see if they would arrive!
    I have double, tripled checked all the account details. I'd be grateful for any clue as to what to try next! Would the problem be with OE or with the isp?
    I just tried to retrieve messages via mail2web.com and that also says no messages.
    Last edited by Shalom; 20-Mar-06 at 10:05.

scrapydoo Guest

i have had problem with outlook express since i opened my email account i keep getting errors its a pain and i have tryed to sort it but no cure of yet lol sorry i can't help you lol

have also had this problem since january mysteriously started working again this weekend! fingers crossed works for u 2

I had this problem to, but i removed my account and added it again now works no problem. only thing was i lost some of my emails

Usually, if you remove your mail account in Outlook Express, it solves the problem.

The best way to check your mail account, is to send yourself a test e-mail from the same account. That way, you know if you are able to send and receive. If it doesn't work, then remove the mail account completely, and start again. Add it back in with all the same details, and double check that you have all the correct info. Then send the test e-mail again - it should work.

Thanks, everyone! It has suddenly started working again.....but I have lost lots of emails. Your advice will come in useful next time it happens!