Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crop Circles

Default Crop Circles

I was watching Country File this evening on TV and there was a bit on about crop circles.

I am not sure if it’s something that happens much in this part of the world and I have not witnessed it here, but when I used to drive a combine harvester down south I have on more than one occasion come across this and could not offer any logical explanation.

There was a guy on this programme tonight that admitted to being an “artist” that had taken part in makeing crop circles, but the ones I witnessed were so far out in the sticks and no footfall disturbance that it would have been very near impossible for it to have been done by people and yet some of the symmetrical shapes in the corn were mind boggling.

We where always on a tight schedule with the weather and had to get on with the harvesting so the farm manager would not allow us to report them and they were never inspected by anyone that may have been able to offer a logical explanation for them.

Has anyone else had experience with this odd occurrence or has beliefs on how they come about?
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Talking Not so little green men

Man's inventiveness,sense of humour,artistic licence and deviousness knows no bounds.
    There were a few appeared in East Sussex a few years back, took a while but eventually the perpertrators owned up and even demonstrated how they had done it.

Default Crop Circles

Quote Originally Posted by LIZZ View Post
    Man's inventiveness,sense of humour,artistic licence and deviousness knows no bounds.
    There were a few appeared in East Sussex a few years back, took a while but eventually the perpertrators owned up and even demonstrated how they had done it.
    I would agree with you Lizz on mans inventiveness and willingness to do something original and intriguing, but the ones I witnessed were a long way off the road and out in the middle of nowhere and the questions we asked ourselves at the time was, If someone was going to go to the trouble of doing this, Why would they walk across seventy acres of wheat and do it in a very difficult part of a far flung field and show no sign at all of how they got there?

You would have to have understood the geography of the farm to begin to understand just how unlikely those were done by man.

Signs is one of my favourite sci fi movies
    You get what you give

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Milkins View Post
    If someone was going to go to the trouble of doing this, Why would they walk across seventy acres of wheat and do it in a very difficult part of a far flung field and show no sign at all of how they got there?

the more difficult and unlikely to be done by man/woman is the whole idea ... they want us to believe in something other worldly

i mind when the crop circle thing was taking off and some farmers where delaying the harvest so they could charge crusties and new agers to come and marvel at the spectacle !

folk with boards, rope, measuring tape and cider in the middle of the night... nothing more ...... or is it ?! (cue x-files music)

I think most are man-made,but I would love to believe that some of them have a different explanation.
    I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.Groucho Marx

i love ones like this .....

it's got that ET type of symbology .....

but then they went and ruined the magic by doing this .....

taking the michael really, not to mention wasting valuable crops !

Default Crop Circle

Quote Originally Posted by greenasiamcabbagelooking View Post
    the more difficult and unlikely to be done by man/woman is the whole idea ... they want us to believe in something other worldly

i mind when the crop circle thing was taking off and some farmers where delaying the harvest so they could charge crusties and new agers to come and marvel at the spectacle !

folk with boards, rope, measuring tape and cider in the middle of the night... nothing more ...... or is it ?! (cue x-files music)
    I am very open minded and would like to believe there is a very logical explantion, but in a very rural part of Shropshire over twenty five years ago I still find it hard to believe that they were done by man.

I have Faerie rings at the bottom of my garden.

25 years ago ?
    you could have something there Kevin, this is well before it was trendy or well publicised.
    were the circles basic circles or patterns ?
    another explanation i've heard is ball lightening for the simple circle shape.

i'm open minded, but the soyder drinking saboteurs have ruined it for me .... robbed me of my innocence they have

Why do crop circles always occur in fields where there are straight lines occurring? Is it so the culprits can walk along them without leaving any tracks?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Default Crop Circles

Quote Originally Posted by greenasiamcabbagelooking View Post
    25 years ago ?
    you could have something there Kevin, this is well before it was trendy or well publicised.
    were the circles basic circles or patterns ?
    another explanation i've heard is ball lightening for the simple circle shape.

i'm open minded, but the soyder drinking saboteurs have ruined it for me .... robbed me of my innocence they have
    25 years ago was about the first time I had heard of them and the ones I saw were no where near as spectacular as the photos of the ones you posted, but when you are sat high up on a combine looking down on something that is very symmetrical it was hard to believe the explanations at that time.
    It was said “it could have been a whirlwind or a fungi in the soil that was making it’s way outwards”.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    Why do crop circles always occur in fields where there are straight lines occurring? Is it so the culprits can walk along them without leaving any tracks?
    The ones I witnessed was a little while before we did precision drilling and the crops of barley we grew at that time was a very tall straw varieties and extremely difficult to walk through let alone leave without evidence of being there.

Crop circles have shown up all over the world. There have been all kinds of explanations as to their meaning.

Would anyone care to read this article and simplify/summarise for the rest of us?

http://www.spiritualgenome.com/crop_..._explained.htm

Default Crop Circles

Quote Originally Posted by scorrie View Post
    Would anyone care to read this article and simplify/summarise for the rest of us?

Thanks for that scorrie, I don't know why I didn't think of that in the first place.

So, in short it is group consciousness phenomenon brought about by hypercommunication within the DNA..

Talking

No it's the voices of the mind communicating with worms in their holes on an astrophysical level of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    Most crop fields have those lines, from the tractor passing through doing some spraying or whatever. Big blooper in a movie a couple of years ago, "The Count of Monte Cristo" where there is the big sword fight at the end, and the field of grain in the background has those big tracks through it (150 years before there were tractors). Not quite as bad as the jet trails in the sky in a Western made in the 50s.

Quote Originally Posted by scorrie View Post

I can summarise. Those blokes are aff their heids.

Default Tractor wheel marks.

Quote Originally Posted by George Brims View Post
    Most crop fields have those lines, from the tractor passing through doing some spraying or whatever. Big blooper in a movie a couple of years ago, "The Count of Monte Cristo" where there is the big sword fight at the end, and the field of grain in the background has those big tracks through it (150 years before there were tractors). Not quite as bad as the jet trails in the sky in a Western made in the 50s.
    They also have the tractor wheel marks in the field of barley in Gladiator.

Quote Originally Posted by George Brims View Post
    I can summarise. Those blokes are aff their heids.
    Where's your scientist's open mind George?

Not to worry because the org's cleaners will be happy. It's one less brain they'll be needing to wipe up off the floor after open-minded.org opens up a tad too far and its collective grey matter goes into free fall.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast