Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What would you do?

How did it go pet ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vistravi View Post
    Met the second in charge in the bar i work in last night and she used every opportunity to put me down and really made me feel as if i wasn't up to the job. I have only been doing it for three weekends and my work is not perfect as to be expected as i am still learning.
    When one of the other bar staff motioned for me to come with her to the cellar to get the mixture for the drink jellies for a customer so i'd know where its kept the second in charge told her in a tone i wasn't supposed to hear, "No she doesn't need to know" And then later continually pushes me out of the way(when i wasn't in the way!) and japs me hard a few times. I went home feeling low and with no confidence to do the job.
    I'm a person that takes alot from people as i did from the second in charge. It is when i leave their presence that how angry and frustrated i feel towards them comes out. I don't let people see how much they've upset me. I don't like people seeing me at my weak moments.
    Supposed to be working tonight as well but dreading it as i feel now that i can't do it and if tonight is going to be my last night behind the bar.
    I've gone through being harressed and abused before i moved away from caithness, can't allow it to happen again.
    I am going to quit my job in the bar as its really just something to keep me busy at the weekend. She is not someone who will listen to me when i tell her how her behaviour has made me lose my confidence behind the bar as i found when i tried.

What would you do?
    What I have done in the past in similar situ got myself another job and then went to the top with my complaint.

Well i have checked rotas and i won't be working with her this week at least. Have informed the manager about it and will be speaking to her next time she is in.
    But i may have another job lined up for the weekend So if talking to her about it doesn't bring a change then i have a back up plan.
    I am truly my worst enemy when it comes to being harressed. I take it and when i reach breaking point is when i sort it out. Not going to do that this time. last time i suffered harressment at the hands of a ex family member/customer i took it til i could take no more and went to the police. Going to nip this woman in the bud. It doesn't help that i didn't feel that confident behind the bar and was just starting to gain confidence in knowing what iw as doing when she started on me. i think if it had happened in the nursery by a member of staff it would not have knocked my confidence out as nothing can knock my confidence and faith in my ability to care and provide children with everything they need.
    Electronics, Sales, Spares & Repairs * TV * AUDIO * PC & LAPTOP * GAMES CONSOLES * IN CAR ENTERTAINMENT * DOMESTIC APPLIANCES * WEEE DISPOSAL *www.facebook.com/Vistravi.Tech * www.vistravi.com *

Angry Mmmm

quote, Not going to do that this time. last time i suffered harressment at the hands of a ex family member/customer i took it til i could take no more and went to the police.

I really don't think this is the place for discussion of the matter, as there are a few of us who really know the truth on this matter.

I'm not discussing it scooter. its only a passing comment to show how much i don't want this woman carrying on with her harressment.
    I know the truth about the last time it happened in my previous job and thats what matters. What she did was out of order. You don't do that to anyone. If you think you know the truth then so be it. I know what happened and why it happened. Thats all that matters.

What a lovely negative post to have as your first post
    Last edited by Vistravi; 05-Jul-09 at 18:46.
    Electronics, Sales, Spares & Repairs * TV * AUDIO * PC & LAPTOP * GAMES CONSOLES * IN CAR ENTERTAINMENT * DOMESTIC APPLIANCES * WEEE DISPOSAL *www.facebook.com/Vistravi.Tech * www.vistravi.com *

good luck to you Vistravi, hope you get it sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by greenasiamcabbagelooking View Post
    good luck to you Vistravi, hope you get it sorted.
    cheers i will do one way or another.

Met the second in charge in the bar i work in last night and she used every opportunity to put me down and really made me feel as if i wasn't up to the job. I have only been doing it for three weekends and my work is not perfect as to be expected as i am still learning.
    When one of the other bar staff motioned for me to come with her to the cellar to get the mixture for the drink jellies for a customer so i'd know where its kept the second in charge told her in a tone i wasn't supposed to hear, "No she doesn't need to know" And then later continually pushes me out of the way(when i wasn't in the way!) and japs me hard a few times. I went home feeling low and with no confidence to do the job.
    I'm a person that takes alot from people as i did from the second in charge. It is when i leave their presence that how angry and frustrated i feel towards them comes out. I don't let people see how much they've upset me. I don't like people seeing me at my weak moments.
    Supposed to be working tonight as well but dreading it as i feel now that i can't do it and if tonight is going to be my last night behind the bar.
    I've gone through being harressed and abused before i moved away from caithness, can't allow it to happen again.
    I am going to quit my job in the bar as its really just something to keep me busy at the weekend. She is not someone who will listen to me when i tell her how her behaviour has made me lose my confidence behind the bar as i found when i tried.

What would you do?
    Im not condoning violence , but I think you should either A. pull her to one side & have a wee word. B. Tell her in front of evryone- whay you picking on me? C. Just give her enough rope to hang herself & chin her after your shift but thats the last straw , or D. wrap the job in
    Cmey e Scorries

Well i have checked rotas and i won't be working with her this week at least. Have informed the manager about it and will be speaking to her next time she is in.
    But i may have another job lined up for the weekend So if talking to her about it doesn't bring a change then i have a back up plan.
    I am truly my worst enemy when it comes to being harressed. I take it and when i reach breaking point is when i sort it out. Not going to do that this time. last time i suffered harressment at the hands of a ex family member/customer i took it til i could take no more and went to the police. Going to nip this woman in the bud. It doesn't help that i didn't feel that confident behind the bar and was just starting to gain confidence in knowing what iw as doing when she started on me. i think if it had happened in the nursery by a member of staff it would not have knocked my confidence out as nothing can knock my confidence and faith in my ability to care and provide children with everything they need.
    I too tend to take it untill i can take no more and then snap just see how it goes and if need be leave with your head held high is what i say and use you backup plan xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

What would you do?
    Let your friends know about this and hopefully they will go to this Bar and back you up with good comments for you. If she can't handle it properly, let it be her problem. Good luck to you whatever your decision may be.

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    quote, Not going to do that this time. last time i suffered harressment at the hands of a ex family member/customer i took it til i could take no more and went to the police.

I really don't think this is the place for discussion of the matter, as there are a few of us who really know the truth on this matter.
    Oh scooter!!

It's a well known fact that there are two sides to every story, EXCEPT when it involves a Public Forum. Somehow, on Public Forums the poster's side of any tale is Gospel and the unnamed individual involved is always in the wrong. People then pass judgement on someone they don't know, with no idea of what actually took place.

Tittle-tattle tripe.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmarine View Post
    Let your friends know about this and hopefully they will go to this Bar and back you up with good comments for you. If she can't handle it properly, let it be her problem. Good luck to you whatever your decision may be.

Thats an excellant idea.
    Bullies,unfortunatly exsist in all walks of life.Try to see it like they are invisable and their negative comments cant touch you ,that or "tell it like it is".
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

Default bar job in wick

This monster of a supervisor likely has an interesting work history. You should find out about her track record. Do you think she could be sleeping with her boss?
    Richard Sutherland

Quote Originally Posted by rich View Post
    You should find out about her track record.
    It was 11.32 seconds W100m Oslo 2001

Going to nip this woman in the bud.
    Ooh, that sounds painful!!

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post

I agree with you there Scooter, this isn't the place to be airing things on the Org, there are times and places to be discussing things... I am another who knows what vistravi is going on about and it wasn't the police who stopped the person she is on about, it was the fact that they couldn't be bothered with her childness anymore and as for this person being banned from her last place of work, well that isn't true either, some people get off by telling lies..... Its such a sad world when things are talked about on the org, which to be honest doesn't concern anyone but as I say some people get off on it.... I do tho feel sorry that vistravi isn't having much luck with someone at work, but there are 2 sides to every story, or maybe in this case there's 3.........
    Last edited by goldilocks; 06-Jul-09 at 17:13.

Quote Originally Posted by scorrie View Post
    Oh scooter!!

It's a well known fact that there are two sides to every story, EXCEPT when it involves a Public Forum. Somehow, on Public Forums the poster's side of any tale is Gospel and the unnamed individual involved is always in the wrong. People then pass judgement on someone they don't know, with no idea of what actually took place.

Tittle-tattle tripe.
    Too true Scorrie, but I always say there are 3 sides to a story your's, there's and the truth.....

Quote Originally Posted by goldilocks View Post
    I agree with you there Scooter, this isn't the place to be airing things on the Org, there are times and places to be discussing things... I am another who knows what vistravi is going on about and it wasn't the police who stopped the person she is on about, it was the fact that they couldn't be bothered with her childness anymore and as for this person being banned from her last place of work, well that isn't true either, some people get off by telling lies..... Its such a sad world when things are talked about on the org, which to be honest doesn't concern anyone but as I say some people get off on it.... I do tho feel sorry that vistravi isn't having much luck with someone at work, but there are 2 sides to every story, or maybe in this case there's 3.........
    Golidilocks what kind of 40 year old adult harresses and attempts to assault someone in their place of work? a childish one.
    That person did get banned from the shop as my boss would not let her come in and harress me and attempt to assualt me when i was trying to ignore her presence and get on with my last place of work. that person has only said they didn't as that person wants to make themselves look good in the situation.
    The police did stop that person from harressing me and trying to assault me at my last place of work as that person was cautioned and if that person had carried on then they'd have been charged.
    You've only heard that person's story and you don't have a clue as to what i am like and who i am.
    I did not discuss this untill you and scooter brought it up after i briefly mentioned it to show how i'm determined to sort out this woman before it gets as bad as what it did with that person.

Thread closed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12