Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: (Somewhat vague) Controversial Subject

Wink (Somewhat vague) Controversial Subject

I have strong views on a controversial subject, and I will make them in an uncompromising way.
    Time after time I have found my viewpoint on this controversial subject to be correct and it's unlikely anyone will be able to shake my viewpoint. I suspect however that my viewpoint will attract some harsh comments from other orgers. However I feel I have to make this point as it is really getting on my nerves. I invite comments on this controversial subject. Have you found the same is I? Am I alone in this viewpoint?
    You get what you give

Wink

Sometimes I find those that are shouting from the highest rooftops (about their strong views on controversial subjects) are the ones who feel they have the greatest need to.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead
    Sometimes I find those that are shouting from the highest rooftops (about their strong views on controversial subjects) are the ones who feel they have the greatest need to.
    Hmm, I see your point. However there is a couple of things I believe you've missed:

1. That my issue is sailing me close to the wind.
    and
    2. That I haven't a leg to stand on.

It's for that reason that you're fundamentally wrong.
    You get what you give

How long did it take you to think that one up then?
    Seconds I presume. It's obvious one would not climb ladders unless one was
    committed.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by landmarker
    How long did it take you to think that one up then?
    Seconds I presume. It's obvious one would not climb ladders unless one was
    committed.
    I take exception to the implication of the said matter. How many times have you found that, when all is said and done, then things end up the way it works out?
    You get what you give

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Saveman
    I take exception to the implication of the said matter. How many times have you found that, when all is said and done, then things end up the way it works out?
    Whatever it is your drinkin' tonight mate it must be better than this South African shiraz

Whatever it is your drinkin' tonight mate it must be better than this South African shiraz
    I'm awful glad you posted this Landmarker. I'm just been off checking the "volts" on my bottle of shiraz (Australian BTW). I had this vision of Saveman standing on one leg, on the roof of Rheghead's boat, shouting something which I did not understand, having climbed up your ladder ...

OK - back to you guys - I'll keep checking in to make sure none of you have fallen overboard.

I take a diametrical opposing view, I try to do all my saying and doing as a consequence of how things turn out.

Rheghead, Saveman, you could both be right. On the other hand you might both be commencing from an erroneous assumption.

For the time being I will reserve my judgement until I can find a completely different viewpoint to both of you!
    Once I have found my differing point of view I will then state it as bluntly as possible thereby attracting everybody's wrath.

Having drawn the wrath of those with immovable viewpoints, those with open and considering minds can debate your opinions in a thoughtful manner and finally arrive at a sensible conclusion as to the rights and wrongs of your differing positions.
    Animals I like, people I tolerate.

Without putting a too vaguer viewpoint on matters, I would like to express (without getting into specifics), that I, on the occasional instances, find my position untenable on certain viewpoints that ultimately warrants an expression from the bottom end of the vernacular. That withstanding, I find to my bemusement, that the more outspoken advocates of controversial viewpoints do actually deserve a measured form of derision in a quasi-respectful manner....so long as my own personal opinion does not hold a moral juxto-position to their own.

Quote Originally Posted by JAWS
    Rheghead, Saveman, you could both be right. On the other hand you might both be commencing from an erroneous assumption.

For the time being I will reserve my judgement until I can find a completely different viewpoint to both of you!
    Once I have found my differing point of view I will then state it as bluntly as possible thereby attracting everybody's wrath.

Having drawn the wrath of those with immovable viewpoints, those with open and considering minds can debate your opinions in a thoughtful manner and finally arrive at a sensible conclusion as to the rights and wrongs of your differing positions.
    Really Jaws, it's what we've come to expect from you!
    A logical development of ideas that gradually leads to an enlightened condition?? You're reasonableness and debating prowess about this subject and others is not under question, I feel however that your differing view is both personal and questionable.

My thoughts on this are plain for all to see.
    Last edited by Saveman; 19-Mar-06 at 15:13.
    You get what you give

Wink

Without putting a too vaguer viewpoint on matters, I would like to express (without getting into specifics), that I, on the occasional instances, find my position untenable on certain viewpoints that ultimately warrants an expression from the bottom end of the vernacular. That withstanding, I find to my bemusement, that the more outspoken advocates of controversial viewpoints do actually deserve a measured form of derision in a quasi-respectful manner....so long as my own personal opinion does not hold a moral juxto-position to their own.
    I can unabashedly say that your subtle denunciation is both perspicacious and amphibological. Perhaps you'd like to comment on capacious qualities of heterogeneous matter in question, though I doubt you have the velleity.
    You get what you give

It's a subtle mixture of hydrogen and oxygen....
    You get what you give

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Moira
    I'm awful glad you posted this Landmarker. I'm just been off checking the "volts" on my bottle of shiraz (Australian BTW). I had this vision of Saveman standing on one leg, on the roof of Rheghead's boat, shouting something which I did not understand, having climbed up your ladder ...

OK - back to you guys - I'll keep checking in to make sure none of you have fallen overboard.

Well this is an interesting point of view indeed. I would like to add to what I've already said with a quote from a famous person that we've all heard of, in their book about the subject matter therein:

"...leading me to the conclusion that beyond doubt the final result was indeed the last set of figures recorded."

I think that sums it all up.
    You get what you give

I tend to have a nonreciprocal line of cerebration with the aforementioned perpetrators of literative fatuousness who are no doubt leading towards a picaresque and diaphanous omega.

Then again, notwithstanding the interpolation of others, I kinda expect this libation may proceed indefinitely!

Afterall, it is Sunday!

Ann

Really Jaws, it's what we've come to expect from you!
    A logical development of ideas that gradually leads to an enlightened condition?? You're reasonableness and debating prowess about this subject and others is not under question, I feel however that your differing view is both personal and questionable.

My thoughts on this are plain for all to see.
    It's due to my sensitive upbringing. If somebody disagrees with you, smack them in the mouth.

I always found this technique very enlightening.
    I now have a unique and intimate knowledge of the inner workings of both the Ambulance Service and the NHS Intensive Care Units the length and breadth of the land.

The Psychiatrist, on my last visit, was most helpful concerning my condition.
    "If you won't alter your ways, then for God's Sake learn how to run faster!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ann
    I tend to have a nonreciprocal line of cerebration with the aforementioned perpetrators of literative fatuousness who are no doubt leading towards a picaresque and diaphanous omega.

Then again, notwithstanding the interpolation of others, I kinda expect this libation may proceed indefinitely!

Afterall, it is Sunday!

Ann
    Well said Ann, I couldn't agree more!
    I think?

This obviously needs some very careful consideration.

Default Mute point

I would argue most voiciferously that there are some very erroneous, misguided, ill thought and boardering on the scurrilious points made. However , as I have been reduced to a state of ribbald, gibbering hilarity by the jist of these postings it's makes it very unlikely that I will be able to utter another word for some considerable time.
    P.S. Have you all allowed for "Murphy's Law" within your congitations, deliberations and pronunciations?

Quote Originally Posted by JAWS
    Well said Ann, I couldn't agree more!
    I think?

This obviously needs some very careful consideration.
    I agree with Jaws, I will carefully consider all points raised - once I have managed to work out what they mean

Quote Originally Posted by laguna2
    I agree with Jaws, I will carefully consider all points raised - once I have managed to work out what they mean
    Occam's razor, when shaving Deuteronomy, cut the juggler's vein and rendered all preceding gibberish, gibberish. This goes to prove, as all the statistics in the Internet will testify, that the world was created by Marks and Spencers on the cheap and thats why its flat.
    In the image of God? You must be joking!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast