Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: What trade can help me?

Question What trade can help me?

We have just bought a new house ( picking the keys up on Monday ) because the house has been empty for a while the water and electricity have been switched off. We also noticed while viewing the property that the hot water tank has been drained and the electrical fitment on the front of it has been disconnected. When we get the keys can we sort this ourselves or do we need to get a tradesman to do it? Do we need a plumber or an electrician? I believe this is standard when a house is empty as we noticed it while viewing other properties, warning tapes over the sinks etc. Hopefully someone out there will be able to help, being first time buyers we don't have a clue!

I would imagine a a britishgas engineer would do it there trained in that things

Default House

I would get an electrician to connect the electrics and a plumber to refill your system. Doing it yourself or getting a mate to do it for you may invalidate your insurance should things go pear shape.

Got it sorted! By a very nice man who's details i found in the Org business section. I would highly recommend him and will be doing just that in the recommendations section!

When I bought my house it had been empty for a year. What I found really needed attention were the pipes to the sewer system. Some back up and a minor flood in the basement brought it to my notice about a week after I moved in. You might want to ask your org found expert to give you advise on your situation. Good luck, a new house whether your first or fourth is always exciting.