Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: fish

Default fish

hi what am i doing wrong ever time i get a nice bit of fish usually lemon sole i dip it in an egg then coat it in ruskoline but the ruskoline comes back of i am usually left with more of the ruskoline in the bowl than on the fish any tips please

If I use ruskoline I don't bother with the eggs and it usually stays on ok.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

You might try spreading a bit of mayo on the fish, instead of egg, then sprinkle on the crumbs.

I try not to fry good quality fish like Lemon`s as they should be either baked or grilled to get the best results-imo. Cod & Haddies are better for frying- anyone try Coley?
    Cmey e Scorries

Coley is nice but is better under the grill with some lemon and herbs. Its a lovely meaty fish, doesn't just melt away. Looks a bitty off putting raw as its a greyish colour but looks fine once cooked.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I couldnt bring myself to eat it, It will always be crab food to me. When I was a wee boy we`d fish near the sewerage pipe in Wick river & there were always loads of coley there- it marked its card for me as something Id have to avoid forever
    Cmey e Scorries