Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AC/DC AT Hampden

Hahahaha! I liked that.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalattakk View Post
    Tell you what, anyone who would pass up the chance to see AC/DC in favour of seeing John Mayall peddle the same old blues covers he's done for decades doesn't have much of a clue about appreciating musical performance, unless they are no more than a pretentious, self-serving, narcissistic imbecile who craves 'coolness' more than they would care to admit.

And if that's the case, their opinion means Jack-S to me.
    I thought I recognised that pony-tail down the front.

Who is John Mayall???? Sorry for not being up to speed with my music but who is he? AC/DC were on the go when I was a wee boy filling stadiums all over the world & 30+ years later,theyre STILL filling stadiums with magic rock n roll.

Who is John Mayall??? If he has influenced so many, how come Ive never heard of him???

Great thread though folks, Are the gigs on youtube yet? Whole lotta Rosie is an excellent tune
    Cmey e Scorries

Tell you what, anyone who would pass up the chance to see AC/DC in favour of seeing John Mayall peddle the same old blues covers he's done for decades doesn't have much of a clue about appreciating musical performance, unless they are no more than a pretentious, self-serving, narcissistic imbecile who craves 'coolness' more than they would care to admit.

And if that's the case, their opinion means Jack-S to me.
    Codswallop!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Amy-Winehouse View Post
    Who is John Mayall???? Sorry for not being up to speed with my music but who is he? AC/DC were on the go when I was a wee boy filling stadiums all over the world & 30+ years later,theyre STILL filling stadiums with magic rock n roll.

Who is John Mayall??? If he has influenced so many, how come Ive never heard of him???

Great thread though folks, Are the gigs on youtube yet? Whole lotta Rosie is an excellent tune
    He is English, in his seventies and introduced Clapton, Peter Green, Mick Taylor, and many others to the world of rock music. By the mid seventies he went out of fashion with the mainstream but continued to play all over the world. He is almost revered by afficionados of the blues world as an innovator. He did more than any other musician to creat the renewed interest in the blues that came in the mid sixties to late seventies. Although he played many blues standards in his own way, he wrote many original blues numbers.
    Like many musos of the sixties I can honestly say that AC/DC does not float my boat as I have found little originality in their brand of rock music.
    You may not have heard of John Mayall, Amy, as he was always an underground artist and never made the charts.

IMHO AC/DC sound the exact same as they always have. There is nothing new and fresh about the music they produce, it sounds like they have released the same song for 30 years. Same old riffs, time signatures, chords, you name it. Boring, bland and uninspiring.
    Pictures of you, litter my floorboards.

Quote Originally Posted by loganbiffy View Post
    IMHO AC/DC sound the exact same as they always have. There is nothing new and fresh about the music they produce, it sounds like they have released the same song for 30 years. Same old riffs, time signatures, chords, you name it. Boring, bland and uninspiring.

Very much agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Gleber2 View Post
    He is English, in his seventies and introduced Clapton, Peter Green, Mick Taylor, and many others to the world of rock music. By the mid seventies he went out of fashion with the mainstream but continued to play all over the world. He is almost revered by afficionados of the blues world as an innovator. He did more than any other musician to creat the renewed interest in the blues that came in the mid sixties to late seventies. Although he played many blues standards in his own way, he wrote many original blues numbers.
    Like many musos of the sixties I can honestly say that AC/DC does not float my boat as I have found little originality in their brand of rock music.
    You may not have heard of John Mayall, Amy, as he was always an underground artist and never made the charts.
    what crap you are talking ,and for you to say they lack originality in there music.they cant be that bad as they have sold over 200million albums also they played to one million people at a concert in russia, and this year they over took the beatles in record sales.and you tell me if there is a better live band on the go than ac/dc

Quote Originally Posted by loganbiffy View Post
    you are talking crap as well, if you were to check most of the good rock bands on the the go most of them state ac/dc as there influences. and by the way have you ever seen ac/dc live, by the sound of things i think you would be more of a take that /boyzone kind of person.

Quote Originally Posted by rangers1873 View Post
    what crap you are talking ,and for you to say they lack originality in there music.they cant be that bad as they have sold over 200million albums also they played to one million people at a concert in russia, and this year they over took the beatles in record sales.and you tell me if there is a better live band on the go than ac/dc
    Aye, it's all a matter of taste. And what creates taste? Intelligence, education and maturity perhaps. I didn't like the Beatles either!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by M R View Post
    Bla Bla Bla.

AC/DC = Legends of Rock, it's really that simple.
    Absolutely man!!!
    Asinus asinum fricat

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge View Post
    Life is just peachy, Jeid. By the way, how is Scotland's best kept secret?

I must say, that made me laugh a bit. I like it when you guys joust a bit.
    "But primarily, the drummer's supposed to sit back there and swing the band." The actual Buddy Rich

What about passing up the chance to see acdc because you "saw them when they were good". 2000 at milton keynes? I dont think the acdc canon (as it were) has changed much since then Mr Slinger!

Im not starting a fight with my old pal, just couldnt resist chiming in. I was in the boozer with your bro tonight, apparently just missed you. We must catch up and continue planning THE reunion.
    "But primarily, the drummer's supposed to sit back there and swing the band." The actual Buddy Rich

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge View Post
    I've done more to promote the county and some of its people more than most on here. Anyway, momma said shoot you down

You didnt answer the question, WHAT have you done to promote Caithness? Walk around Glasgow with a sandwich board, pilot a plane with one of those messages tied on the back or just down the place in 1 of those articles you wrote like you normally do? Just a wee bit curious
    Cmey e Scorries

I managed to get tickets for AC/DC at Hampden at the last minute and went with my nephew. The last time I saw AC/DC was in April 1978 at the Capital Theatre in Aberdeen, when they were absolutely fantastic. Since around 1980 I have not listened to much of their stuff and was unsure what to expect, but had been told it was a great show – I was not disappointed, it was an excellent performance. I must admit to being a bit shocked at how the years have aged the band……..it had been 31 years, and it brought home to me how the subtle changes lost on us all during our daily look in the bathroom mirror are starkly brought home with a look in an old photo album. Bon Scott was a better showman than Brian Johnston, And it was telling that the crowd seemed much more motivated with the pre-` 1980 material.

The day as a whole was memorable for middle aged “rockers” wearing black ill-fitting t-shirts, but everyone had a great time, and I would go back again.

As for Pepsi’s stance, it does seem strange as he once described AC/DC as the “greatest Scottish (sic) band of all time”, but then maybe he found out that Angus and Malcolm Young were Rangers supporters.
    Last edited by scotsboy; 11-Jul-09 at 10:09.
    'Cause if my eyes don't deceive me,
    There's something going wrong around here

Welcome back, scotsboy

Quote Originally Posted by scotsboy View Post

As for Pepsi’s stance, it does seem strange as he once described AC/DC as the “greatest Scottish (sic) band of all time”, but then maybe he found out that Angus and Malcolm Young were Rangers supporters.
    I used to LOVE AC/DC now I absolutely IDOLISE them!!!!
    Mon the youngs!!!

Quote Originally Posted by buddyrich View Post
    What about passing up the chance to see acdc because you "saw them when they were good". 2000 at milton keynes? I dont think the acdc canon (as it were) has changed much since then Mr Slinger!
    '91 at Donington, mate.

Like hotrod4, I would have liked the chance to see the Bon Scott-era AC/DC though.

Quote Originally Posted by buddyrich View Post
    Im not starting a fight with my old pal, just couldnt resist chiming in. I was in the boozer with your bro tonight, apparently just missed you. We must catch up and continue planning THE reunion.
    Aye, The Marlboro Man and Cleft were both there too, I seem to remember.

Let me know when the plans for World Domination are nearing fruition, I'll just do my usual - just come in, play the rythm and sack the bass player. It's what I do best.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Quote Originally Posted by rangers1873 View Post
    you are talking crap as well, if you were to check most of the good rock bands on the the go most of them state ac/dc as there influences. and by the way have you ever seen ac/dc live, by the sound of things i think you would be more of a take that /boyzone kind of person.

Who are these "good rock bands" you speak of?

Good rock bands in your opinion do not mean good rock bands in anyone else's opinion.

Well it goes to show you don't know me at all as I do not listen to Take That or Boyzone.
    And anyway, as I said in my post, it's MY OPINION that AC/DC and bland, boring and totally predictable.
    Pictures of you, litter my floorboards.

Let me know when the plans for World Domination are nearing fruition, I'll just do my usual - just come in, play the rythm and sack the bass player. It's what I do best. [/QUOTE]

No omlettes though!

I dont think the point that acdc have sounded samey since ummmmmm,1982 is really that controversial. Just like Maiden, their composing days have waned but to say that they're bland is not something i can agree with. There was nothing bland about the hampden gig, rather it was high voltage rock n roll.

Maybe they've been at it too long, but they put on a real show that gives no quarter to their age. I (yes, me) think a lot of modern rock bands would do well to realise that downtuning, painted finger nails and screaming arent an automatic ticket to musical immortality.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast