Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: AC/DC AT Hampden

Default AC/DC AT Hampden

Tell you what I was at the Wembley gig on Friday & all you lucky lucky people goin to Hampden are gonna see probably the best gig o yer lifes!!
    Absolutely magic... On a bad note though Thin Lizzy aren't supporting coz their drummers broke his collarbone...
    The answer came on 1st ( they were good... & the subways?( they sucked!)
    Have fun people & whatever you do dont miss the 1st 5 minutes cos its spectacular!

cant wait for tomorrow, saw a few videos of the wembley gig on you tube and it looked mental

over rated

Canna wait Zappster, even the WeeBurdies are kitted out in their tour t-shirts today, but they'll have to make do with listening to the gig through their Gran's open window !
    WeeBurd.

As always, a top class show. The weather was great which also helped.

I was there with the kids so I had to go to the seated section but when the band came on we were on our feet the whole time. Incredible atmosphere.

The shouts of "Oi" during TNT were off the scale.

Highway to Hell was my personal highlight.

what a amazing show, and even a firework display to finish it off ,thought the answer was brillant as well. the subways were a decent band as well. saw ac/dc on the ballbraker and stiff upper lip tour and angus and co gave the same high energy performance as these peformance's even with them adding more years onto themself.was at metallica in march but this show blew the metallica show away

I have to agree last nights performance was the tightest i have seen the band in the 4 times i have seen them since 1991and Angus's guitar playing was 2nd to none putting in up there with the all time greats

I so hope this is no farewell but if it is the memories will last forever

I loved the show, got great seats even with arm rests (see pic!)

Thought the answer were good, but thought subway lead singer swore too much and was trying to suck up to the crowd too much. Other than that it was quality.
    I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore

Brilliant Im glad everyone enjoyed Hampden . If i could've i would've gone to both Wembley & Hampden!

Looks like Alex Skolnick trio is next on ma gig agenda!

Bud u not goin till Buckcherry on 24th July? I m seriously thinking bout it Heaven's Basement supporting

It was a textbook gig. Dog Eat Dog! Oh aye. Cant believe we walked from hampden to union street afterword though. Catastrophically foolhardy idea. My feet are shredded.
    "But primarily, the drummer's supposed to sit back there and swing the band." The actual Buddy Rich

'MARE!

we entered the queue for the train back to Glasgow Central... easily the longest queue i've ever seen in my life... huge.

good thing was though, the queue was constantly moving so we were back in the town for before 12 and in the noodle bar by half past
    "you know and i know that we talk in circles most times"

Went to see John Mayall instead. A rare time indeed.

That would have been worth a watch surely Pepsi?

A highlight of our trip down was on the Monday night... we went to Stereo on Renfield Street and were treated to a night of AC/DC covers by Orcadian based folk band The Chair.

Fiddles, banjo, pipes - the lot. For one night only they were "Riff Raff" - the Highlands and Islands answer to Hayseed Dixie.

Really gutted I didn't get more footage, too busy drinking Red Stripe and headbanging - but have a wee look at this video here:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRuiPhl5EWs
    "you know and i know that we talk in circles most times"

Lau aside, The Chair are probably the best folk live band in Scotland. I've seen AC/DC a couple of times before, and as influential as they are, Mayall helped further the careers of many equally-influential popular musicians today. And arguably more influential than Angus Young will ever be. I wonder if Angus Young will still be playing when, and if, he reaches the age of 75?

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge View Post
    Lau aside, The Chair are probably the best folk live band in Scotland. I've seen AC/DC a couple of times before, and as influential as they are, Mayall helped further the careers of many equally-influential popular musicians today. And arguably more influential than Angus Young will ever be. I wonder if Angus Young will still be playing when, and if, he reaches the age of 75?
    And what is it that you do for a living?

Something you could only dream about.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKev View Post
    And what is it that you do for a living?
    Obvoiusly not enough as he's always on here belittling poor old caithness!!!!

I've done more to promote the county and some of its people more than most on here. Anyway, momma said shoot you down

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge View Post
    I've done more to promote the county and some of its people more than most on here. Anyway, momma said shoot you down

im almost sure you will be next in line for lord lieutennat of caithness Pepsi
    “A lot of good arguments are spoiled by some fool who knows what he is talking about.”

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast