Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

View Poll Results: Do you believe in the Spirit World?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes definitely

54 50.94%
  • Not sure but I tend towards yes

23 21.70%
  • Not sure but I tend towards no

7 6.60%
  • Definitely not

22 20.75%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in the Spirit World?

Quote Originally Posted by joxville View Post
    Re-read it ya daft mare...it wis a reference tae you wimmin.
    (But yer right, I can be annoying. )
    I know it was - I was just bein annoyin!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Metalattakk View Post
    Even gullible and stupid?
    LOL. had to laugh at that one! Definately your words! Trust me dear, I am neither gullible or stupid!
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by joxville View Post
    Annoying?
    could be - but only in the nicest possible way!

have you ever been studied by a new born baby? Their eyes never have the innocence of a blank canvas. They are wise, curious and all knowing, like they have just come from somewhere else and are thinking 'oh, so this is where i am now'. This disapears after a few days to be replaced by the aformentioned innocence. And I've seen lots of new borns.
    It's all in the eyes, the mirror of the soul. Wonder what yours say, MA?

Quote Originally Posted by katarina View Post
    have you ever been studied by a new born baby? Their eyes never have the innocence of a blank canvas. They are wise, curious and all knowing, like they have just come from somewhere else and are thinking 'oh, so this is where i am now'. This disapears after a few days to be replaced by the aformentioned innocence. And I've seen lots of new borns.
    Mine will tell you that you're aff yer heid.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

They HAVE just come from somewhere else, from inside a womb. I should imagine I was a little surprised myself encountering the world outside, including such wonders as daylight and being able to see and hear, even smell, touch and taste, for the first time. Sadly I don't remember much about it, what with the brain not being fully developed and all that. Perhaps if it had been, I might have said "Jings, crivvens, help ma boab mither am no back here again am a'?"

New born children are not wise, they are completely helpless. I am puzzled as to how they can be "curious and all knowing" at the same time? An all knowing person has little to be curious about.

New born babes aren't wise!!! Some people aren't wise even in their late 30s!!!

New born babes like all children want to know about the world around them and are very curious about everything. Properly are thinking 'oh, so this is where i am now' as you said as they've just come from one place to another strange place. All knowing and wise they can't be.
    Electronics, Sales, Spares & Repairs * TV * AUDIO * PC & LAPTOP * GAMES CONSOLES * IN CAR ENTERTAINMENT * DOMESTIC APPLIANCES * WEEE DISPOSAL *www.facebook.com/Vistravi.Tech * www.vistravi.com *

Just utter rubbish...honestly,they're babies,they're eyes are learning as is their brains.
    If their so knowing and wise why don't we talk at birth..absolute ?

Yes they do come from somewhere else and some have a difficult journey squeezing out into the big bad world.Believe it or not exposure to light changes the colour of their eyes in the first few moments after birth and they do recognise their mother's face from birth and their acuity improves rapidly so do not understand this blank canvas and "It's all in the eyes, the mirror of the soul" business. Babies are helpless and have to be loved and nurtured along with the learning process over the years.

A good friend once told me,that in the corner of his bedroom he saw a young boy praying.I thought he was seeing things.
    One night he had a party in his house,we were all laughing away,listening to music.I got up to go to the loo for a slash,was walking by his room when I heard a young child giggle.

Four years later in the Royal Mile in Edinburgh,passed by a lady dressed in old fashioned clothing.

About six years later in Wick,passed by a guy on the bridge on Bridge Street in Wick,turned to find he had gone.

Still to this day,I can't explain any of them.
    Their coming to take me away.....haha-hee-hee-ho-ho

Mine will tell you that you're aff yer heid.
    It's OK MA. I know you love me really!

I refer the honourable lady to the answer I gave some moments ago.

Only Spirits I believe in come from a bottle, have seen a few scarey sights after a session
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

I refer the honourable lady to the answer I gave some moments ago.
    Ah, You protest too much. don't fight it!

Ah, You protest too much. don't fight it!
    So your argument has dissolved to a level a child would be embarrassed for?

Excellent.

So your argument has dissolved to a level a child would be embarrassed for?

Excellent.
    hmmm. a child would be embarrassed FOR? should that not read 'a child would be embarrassed by'? But then with your superior intellect, I'm sure you are right, and my meager verbosity is well below par. Please explain and enlighten this poor uneducated individual.

Actually I don't think a child would be embarrassed at all.
    their minds are open - they have no pre-conceived ideas - and hide your blushes, my dear, I can read between the lines!

hmmm. a child would be embarrassed FOR? should that not read 'a child would be embarrassed by'? But then with your superior intellect, I'm sure you are right, and my meager verbosity is well below par. Please explain and enlighten this poor uneducated individual.
    It can be either. In this case I was referring to the child's embarrassment for the argument you make rather than the meagre intellectual level to which it has further fallen into rambling incoherence.

- and hide your blushes, my dear, I can read between the lines!
    That's a fairly pathetic response. If that's the best you can do, give up, for crying out loud.

I've been away for the weekend. hope you didn't miss me too much.
    I will now tell you of something my mother said. (a very wise woman) When some one resorts to personal insults - it is a sure sign he/she is loosing the arguement! I rest my case.

How do you spell argument??????

Were you off on a yeaught???

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast