Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Tail docking ban?

Quote Originally Posted by boxer
    iv got a boxer and the tail is docked its just my opinion but i think that tail looks better docked but like i say thats my opinion

It looks better because you are used to seeing boxers with docked tails. I found the first Spaniels without docked tails very odd looking and mentally you tend to think of them as mongrel crosses or something.
    I was wondering about crufts. In Portugal docked tails on young dogs are no longer admited to official dog shows. Older dogs can still go to show with a docked tail. I think the kennel should make the same stand, solving the problem.
    An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing

Question

I have owned boxers, great, intelligent and fun loving dogs. They have always had a docked tail, which I think has been for cosmetic purposes. I have seen a few now with undocked tails, I have to give them a second look just to check the breed, but I must admit they look good. I don't know why they dock their tales, they are such a happy and friendly breed their tales are always wagging, perhaps it is to stop them knocking things over.

I have been reading this thread with interest, and have come to the conclussion that tails are docked for cosmetic reasons. I have a friend who has a springer spaniels with an undocked tail, I must admit it looks different, didn't recognise it as a springer at first, thought it was some other breed.

We can debate as much as we like on this forum, the law can say what it wants, but until the kennel club changes the standards for dog breeds nothing much will happen, they are the people that hold the key.

After reading this thread, and seeing both boxers and spaniels with tails I am against docking. I must admit I did not have an opinion on it before.
    Live the Dream, don't dream the life

A boxer without tail dock

scrapydoo Guest

i think it looks far better with its tail cause you can see if its happy or sad

The question is - were you docked ScrappyDoo? - your tail looks a little short

scrapydoo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MadPict
    The question is - were you docked ScrappyDoo? - your tail looks a little short
    lol no chance no one is getting near my tail

krieve Guest

lol scrapydoo

Quote Originally Posted by jac1791
    my dalmation often has tail damage to tip through wagging it so much and hitting it off doors ect - so does this mean we should have had his tail chopped off -- i dont think so -- as iv said -- ban all docking and JAIL anyone that isnt a vet and doing this to poor pups
    A dalmation? How's your furniture feeling?
    Animals I like, people I tolerate.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Liz

PS Dozerboy - Couldn't watch prog re Fat Pets after seeing the trailer! The poor , poor Rottie!
    NO, I found it hard to watch also. I felt so sorry for the dog, and I had hatred for the stupid owner who couldn't see the cruelty she was putting her so called beloved dog through. It needs taken away for a while, put on a strict diet and then it might be able to exercise which in turn would help it lose weight.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234