Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tail docking ban?

Quote Originally Posted by MadPict
    A post obviously designed to inflame this thread....

You should heed Homer - Tried but failed..........
    No your wrong, it's just my opinion am i not allowed one?

I don't think we need to read your fatuous opinions thanks....
    Last edited by MadPict; 18-Mar-06 at 21:06.

I don't think we need to read your fatuous opinions thanks....
    You reckon?

The picture i posted was taken from a website, so i do not know the story benhind it other than the tip of the tail was damaged and so the blood splattered over the body.

I agree most dogs do not need there tails docked but for dogs working in very dense cover whilst hunting for game, i beleive it is necessary, like in the case of the spaniel in the picture unlike most other dogs spaniels will enter almost any cover, where labs and other hounds wouldnt dare, i beleive in some cases there is an arguement for docking as there is for not docking, like many things in life one rule doesent cover all bases.

But the reason for me starting the thread in the first place was to gauge public opinion on the subject purely for my own interest.

There is nothing wrong with healthy discussion. You beat me to posting on the topic after I read it on the main page. Of course I would have posted from the anti-docking standpoint

I traced the source of the pic you posted and I have to wonder about the thinking of the person taking the pictures (there were others) getting their dog to sit and pose for a picture while it is bleeding everywhere. Most folk would have taken the dog straight to a vets. Maybe the pic was taken at the vets - a pro docking vet I expect....

I hope that along with "guaging public opinion" you realise that there are always two sides to an 'argument'.

Smile

There is nothing wrong with healthy discussion. You beat me to posting on the topic after I read it on the main page. Of course I would have posted from the anti-docking standpoint

I traced the source of the pic you posted and I have to wonder about the thinking of the person taking the pictures (there were others) getting their dog to sit and pose for a picture while it is bleeding everywhere. Most folk would have taken the dog straight to a vets. Maybe the pic was taken at the vets - a pro docking vet I expect....

I hope that along with "guaging public opinion" you realise that there are always two sides to an 'argument'.
    Theres a lot of ifs, buts or maybes but all we can assertain for certain is that the tail is damaged and undocked, commenting on where the picture was taken or why is a bit unfair as no one really knows the story behind it? And of course i am aware, there are always two sides to an argument, my origional post was worded so it would encourage the anti docking side to post.

PS this argument is unfair as you seem to be on here 24/7!! lol

I say NO to docking!!!!!

NO to docking.

Quote Originally Posted by buggyracer
    And of course i am aware, there are always two sides to an argument, my origional post was worded so it would encourage the anti docking side to post.
    You certainly manager to get people to discuss the matter.
    Beaten at my own game! That's it, buggyracer! I'm going to sulk now.
    Animals I like, people I tolerate.

If one person walks away from their computer after reading this discussion and their viewpoint has been changed from pro-docking to anti-docking, then this thread has been worthwhile....

my dalmation often has tail damage to tip through wagging it so much and hitting it off doors ect - so does this mean we should have had his tail chopped off -- i dont think so -- as iv said -- ban all docking and JAIL anyone that isnt a vet and doing this to poor pups
    jac

Angry tail docking

jails would be full if we jailed everyone that was inflicting dog cruelty not exercising not feeding being generally bad too them !!!

Default docking

Say no to docking tails!! How can putting a poor defenseless pup through pain at only days old not be considered as cruelty!! I have a springer who was docked( not my choice!!) when i got him 10years ago and i also have a an old english sheepdog who has not been docked and her tail does not look out of place although it did take some getting used to seeing a dulex dog with a tail!! She uses her one like a whip across your legs!!

Tail docking is not necessary we have had springer spaniels and jack russells that were not docked and were working dogs and they never had any problems, tail docking is done by certain dog breeders for vanity reasons, mainly for showing.

scrapydoo Guest

no tail docking is wrong full stop

iv got a boxer and the tail is docked its just my opinion but i think that tail looks better docked but like i say thats my opinion

krieve Guest

my parents had an old English sheepdog that needed a home. she was about 7 years i think when they got her and as a bairn i could not understand why they docked tails and i still don't to be honest . i just don't agree with it it is wrong if they were supposed to be tailless they would be born with no tails. it is cruel i don't agree with it

Dogs are born with tails so if if a dog is meant for work through natural reasons it wouldn't be born with a tail. it is just pure creulty, and also for selfish champion breeders who are looking for fame. i wonder if these people would like to be docked themselves. maybe they need to be to stop this running through generations.

wickerinca Guest

Just have to say that I am against tail-docking. I love seeing a waggy tail but it does take a bit of getting used seeing a tail on a breed that has normally been docked in the past.

NO TO DOCKING!....
    I have a springer and if I was to dock every part of his body that gets caught in bushes etc., I would be left with nothing!
    Ann

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast