Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

View Poll Results: How would you use the photography forum?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would visit regularly, post photos and think a calander is a good idea.

35 70.00%
  • I would visit regularly, post photos and dont think a calander is a good idea.

4 8.00%
  • I would visit occasionally, post photos and think a calander is a good idea.

6 12.00%
  • I would visit occasionally, post photos and dont think a calander is a good idea.

1 2.00%
  • I have no preference either way regarding the forum or the calander.

4 8.00%

Thread: Photography Threads/Forum/Themes

Default Photography Threads/Forum/Themes

Given that the photography thread has risen to an amazing 21 pages and 410 posts, I thought I would revive the call for a photograph section.

I also read in either the suggestion for a photography forum thread or the photography thread the idea of having a calander printed for charity.

I added a poll to this thread to guage response.

I would also suggest, seeing that there are many many talented photographers here that a themed set of threads could be started on a fortnightly basis.

This could take the form of Weeks 1 & 2 - images taken of subjects starting with the letters A or B. This could include mood themes, i.e. Alone, places, i.e Achreamie, things, i.e Bananas, Balloons, Bikes, Aeroplanes etc etc.

Then weeks 3 & 4 cover C or D and so on. That way 26 weeks covers the alphabet and gets us all thinking and getting creative if a calander is the way to go.

We could then get one or two of the regular contributors to choose some images for inclusion in the calander.

Obviously, there may not be any interest in this, itmay be prohibitively expensive to produce, no-one might like the photos etc. and that is OK, after all, this is just a bit of fun.

What does everyone think?

ATHRoss

[Edit] Changed my sig to something more photogenic /[Edit]
    Last edited by ATHRoss; 16-Mar-06 at 23:04.

I'm in full agreement with you.
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ATHRoss
    Given that the photography thread has risen to an amazing 21 pages and 410 posts, I thought I would revive the call for a photograph section.

I also read in either the suggestion for a photography forum thread or the photography thread the idea of having a calander printed for charity.

I added a poll to this thread to guage response.

I would also suggest, seeing that there are many many talented photographers here that a themed set of threads could be started on a fortnightly basis.

This could take the form of Weeks 1 & 2 - images taken of subjects starting with the letters A or B. This could include mood themes, i.e. Alone, places, i.e Achreamie, things, i.e Bananas, Balloons, Bikes, Aeroplanes etc etc.

Then weeks 3 & 4 cover C or D and so on. That way 26 weeks covers the alphabet and gets us all thinking and getting creative if a calander is the way to go.

We could then get one or two of the regular contributors to choose some images for inclusion in the calander.

Obviously, there may not be any interest in this, itmay be prohibitively expensive to produce, no-one might like the photos etc. and that is OK, after all, this is just a bit of fun.

What does everyone think?

ATHRoss
    Great idea sir, when I eventually get it together with my camera Ill be joining in.
    Last edited by willowbankbear; 16-Mar-06 at 23:36.

Cracking idea ATHRoss!!Will get a camera soon and join in.
    Their coming to take me away.....haha-hee-hee-ho-ho

Great idea!!! I've no camera yet but i'm planning one very shortly!!
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

Smile

Well be able to spot the orgers and the lurkers no problem then theyll be the ones with the camera slung round their necks

Forgot to say brilliant idea ATHRoss.........:}
    Last edited by phoenix; 16-Mar-06 at 23:16.

Thumbs up

Good idea, i am looking forward to it if it goes ahead.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

I've just been given a digital camera as a birthday present. I'm learning all about it at the moment, and I'm sure I would love to post some pictures in the near future. I have always been a keen photographer, and this new wee camera has just given me a new dimension.
    Live the Dream, don't dream the life

Brilliant,now where did I leave that camera!!!!
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

Top idea, can't wait!
    Why be a hard rock when you really are a gem!

Thumbs up

great idea cant wait to see more great pictures

I only learned how to load the photographs onto the computer so that I could post them on the org.I would love to see a photography section. My daughter on the other hand will be groaning at the thought of having to help her poor thick mother out if this does happen

Great idea! The photo thread has been so interesting.....and lots of fun stuff too! Count me in!

Brilliant idea
    Might even learn to post some pics in myself,i'm new to all this computer stuff.
    But really enjoying the thread
    Always remember your unique, just like everyone else

wickerinca Guest

Think that it would be a great idea. I don't know about the costs for the calendar but I do know that the UPS store here does calendar things with your own photos and don't think it is that expensive. I'll have a look next time I am along there....suppose that it would be on their website. Must have something similar over with you.

Arrow

A very good idea. I have a 35mm SLR, and a small digital camera. Would be nice to have somewhere to post them to let others have a look. Bring it on!